The Thaumaturge Has Been Delayed Once Again To March 2024
11 Bit Studios announced that The Thaumaturge has been pushed back again, as it will be out in a few weeks in early March.
- 11 Bit Studios delays The Thaumaturge release to March 4, 2024.
- Game set in 1905 Warsaw combines RPG storytelling with unique combat.
- Players can shape their narrative and manipulate characters' will.
- Explore a rich world featuring historical figures and dual-sided society.
Stop us if you've heard this one before, but indie game developer Fool's Theory and publisher 11 Bit Studios have pushed back the release of The Thaumaturge. Back in November, the team announced they were pushing the game to February 2024, as it was set to be released next week. This afternoon, however, they announced that they have decided to delay the game's release by a few extra weeks so it isn't crammed in the hectic February release schedule. The game is apparently finished; no extra work needs to be done. They just decided that March 4, 2024, would be a better date. So those of you waiting for it will have to wait a little longer.
The year is 1905. Warsaw lives under the yoke of imperial Russian tsardom. Its inhabitants constitute a diverse group of different ancestries, views, and beliefs with often conflicting interests: Russian soldiers, Jewish merchants, Polish townspeople, and more. Despite the circumstances, the city is a buzzing metropolis, where one can attend a breathtaking party with the high society, and later get robbed in one of the dark alleys of the Praga district. A city of great hopes and dreams on one hand and dark desires on the other. In this world, a force that cannot be ignored are Thaumaturges – individuals versed in taming spirit-like beings called Salutors, used for manipulation of the temperaments and affinities of other people and even ultimately in combat. The devil is in the detail – only Thaumaturges are fully aware of the Salutors' nature and only they can perceive them in their true essence. Their capability to influence others significantly and demonstrably increases their ability to change the surrounding world – however, Thaumaturgy is a power that should be used with caution.
- Shape Your Story – as a full-fledged RPG, it allows you to alternate your choices and make you deal with the aftermath.
- Develop Your Character – creating your own version of the Thaumaturge will allow you to approach situations in different ways.
- Experience unique turn-based combat and defeat your foes using human attacks and skills as well as psychic strikes delivered by Salutors.
- Influence and manipulate the temperaments of other characters to bend their will to your liking.
- Tame the power of Salutors – use the unique set of their skills to gain an advantage while exploring the world and when bringing your adversaries to their knees.
- See the world that's inevitably gone – explore the uncommon, heavily researched historical period of the early XX century Warsaw, where crime and luxury are often two sides of the same coin. Meet historical figures and learn about their involvement in the story.