Regal Cinemas announced plans to reopen their 564 theaters on July 10th. The entertainment industry suffered significant losses due to the quarantine, and theaters shuttered their operations since spring 2020. When the facilities open, the second-largest US-theater chain provided new guidelines implementing updated safety and health protocols to maintain social distancing in accordance with CDC regulations and other public health organizations. Among the new features added to be a contactless payment. While customers are already permitted to pay for tickets online, they'll now be granted to do the same for concessions. Employees in between screenings will implement ULV foggers, which will sanitize the entire auditorium with non-toxic electrostatic fogger equipment, which will help disinfect the area. The announcement summarized what will be happening at every theater from employees, the lobby, concession stand, and auditoriums.
- Regal employees will undergo daily health screenings, including temperature checks, where mandated.
- Employees will be required to wash hands at minimum every 30 to 60 minutes, dependent on job role.
- Where required by local governance, all employees and guests will wear masks.
- Greeters will be located in the lobby to assist guests with new procedural changes.
- Guests will be encouraged to proceed to their auditorium as soon as possible, and exit the theatre in a timely manner at the conclusion of their movie.
- Wall-mounted sanitizer dispensers will be available on either side of the main entrance.
- Arcade games and vending machines will remain closed. Additionally, water fountains will not be available for use.
The Concession Stand
- Every other register will be closed to maintain social distancing.
- A reduced menu offering will be temporarily available.
- Self-service condiment stands will be closed.
- Refills on large drinks and popcorn will be suspended.
- Locations featuring diners, restaurants, and in-theatre ordering will have these services temporarily suspended.
- Locations with bars will remain open for walk-up service only.
- Where required by state or county mandate, auditorium capacities will be reduced to 50%.
- Our reservation system will maintain two empty seats between groups (1 seat at recliner locations) to maintain proper social distancing throughout the movie.
- At theatres, where performances are non-reserved, you will be requested to leave two seats between groups.
- Group sizes will only be limited where required by a state or county mandate.
What do you think of the new guidelines? Will you go back to the theater? Sound off in the comments.