All manner of superhero movie props will be auctioned in London on Tuesday 26th September. They include Mjolnir,
Thor's hammer from the 2011 mo vie as wielded by Chris Emsworth, and The Joker's costume as worn by Jack Nicholson in Batman are both estimated to sell between £20,000 – 30,000 each ($25,000-40,000)
Props and costumes from superhero films old and new will be sold as part of Prop Store's Entertainment Memorabilia Live Auction, featuring a collection of film memorabilia worth £2-3 million
A preview exhibition featuring over 300 auction lots will take place between 7th – 26th September at the BFI IMAX in Waterloo, London. I think I may have to pop by. Other items include…
- Peter "Star-Lord" Quill's (Chris Pratt) Hero Helmet from Guardians of the Galaxy (2014). Estimate £30,000 – £50,000
- Superman's (Christopher Reeve) Flying Tunic from Superman IV: The Quest for Peace (1987). Estimate £8,000 – £10,000
- Magneto's (Ian McKellen) Helmet and Tunic from X-Men (2000). Estimate £20,000 – £30,000
- The Penguin's (Burgess Meredith) Top Hat and Gloves from Batman (TV Series 1966-1968). Estimate £15,000 – £20,000
- Catwoman's (Julie Newmar) Costume from Batman (TV Series 1966-1968). Estimate £15,000 – £20,000
The auction will be live-streamed online for fans to track the bidding on auction day. A free preview exhibition will be open to the public in the run up to the auction showcasing over 250 lots from the upcoming auction. Movie fans and collectors alike will be able to see these incredible pieces of movie history up-close.
Registration and bidding is now open. Bids can be placed online at www.propstore.com/liveauction, over the phone or in person.
The free exhibition is open to the public at the BFI IMAX, Waterloo, London, England SE1 8XR from 10:00am to 9:30pm, 7th – 26th September 2017. Prop Store's Entertainment Memorabilia Live Auction, in partnership with the BFI IMAX presented by ODEON, will also take place at the BFI IMAX Waterloo on Tuesday 26th September from 12:00pm.
So… are you worthy?