The newest hero to enter the Nexus comes from Blizzard's military science fiction strategy game, Starcraft. The company announced that Probius will be a playable character in Heroes of the Storm. Seems the little fella just wants to prove himself, using his ability to summon pylons to use against the enemy.
After a run of World of Warcraft characters and then Lucio from Overwatch, it's nice to see Starcraft getting a little love again. And they went with a high cuteness factor here. I can already see plush toys and Pop! figures of him being made.
This is what Probius can do:
- Warp In Pylon
- Warp in a Pylon that generates a Power Field and grants vision of the surrounding area. Probius only regenerates mana while inside a Power Field.
- Up to 2 Pylons can be active at a time
- Worker Rush (Z)
- Activate to gain an additional 50% Movement Speed for 5 seconds. Taking damage ends this effect early.
- Passive: Probius moves 10% faster by hovering over the ground.
- Disruption Pulse (Q)
- Fire a burst of energy forward, dealing 150 damage to all enemies it passes through. Hitting the center of a Warp Rift will cause it to explode, dealing additional damage.
- Warp Rift (W)
- Open an unstable Warp Rift at a location that takes 1.25 seconds to arm, which then slows nearby enemies by 20%, lasting 9 seconds.
- Armed Warp Rifts explode when hit by a Disruption Pulse, dealing 261 damage to nearby enemies.
- Photon Cannon (E)
- Warp in a Photon Cannon that deals 95 damage per second. Lasts 11 seconds.
- Must be placed within a Pylon's Power Field. Deactivates if it doesn't have a Pylon powering it.
- Pylon Overcharge (R)
- Increase the size of Pylon power fields and allow them to attack enemies within it for 110 damage per second. Last 10 seconds.
- Passive: Pylons gain permanent Shields equal to 50% of their maximum Health.
- Null Gate (R)
- Project a barrier of negative energy in the target direction that lasts 4 seconds. Enemies who touch the barrier take 64 damage per second and are slowed by 80% for as long as they remain in contact with it.
Probius will hit the Public Test Realm on March 6th.