This week, Blizzard revealed a new esports competition for those still at home with the World Of Warcraft Classic Summer Bowl. For the first time since they introduced WoW Classic, the World of Warcraft Esports division will bring you a 10v10 Warsong Gulch tournament beginning June 17th. For three weeks, which will eventually culminate on July 5th, teams in North America and Europe will be competing for a separate prize pool of $4,000 in each region! The finer details have yet to be announced and laid out yet, including how will be casting the event and what the final teams will look like. But that will all come out in the wash over the next week. You can read the details about it below and find information on how to sign up.
The tournament will be split into two regions: North America and Europe. All games will take place on live servers for WoW Classic, using the recently added War Game feature. Here's how it all works:
- Teams of 10 players will sign up for their region. Signups are open to eligible players with a level 60 character on WoW Classic servers—check eligibility and sign up for NA here and EU here!
- The tournament will be split into two stages for each region: qualifiers and finals.
- The qualifiers are open sign ups.
- The finals will feature the top six teams for the region.
- Teams will battle against each other on live servers using the War Game feature, allowing players to queue up battlegrounds against other teams in their region.
- For the top World of Warcraft Classic six teams in North America and Europe, there will be a total of USD $4,000 on offer in separate prizing for each region and bragging rights of winning the WoW Classic Summer Bowl!
- More information on the full ruleset can be found on our NA and EU sign-up pages.