Earlier today at Star Wars Celebration, EA gave us the full, official reveal trailer for Star Wars: Battlefront II. In case you missed the panel or the trailer, we've got all of the details for you.
But first, the trailer:
Now that we're all up to date on the trailer, here are the facts we have so far:
- It will be out November 17th
- There will be a single player campaign mode
- That single player campaign will have you play as Iden Versio, who was indeed based on actress Janina Gavankar, a special forces Imperial soldier who vows revenge on the Rebel Alliance after seeing Death Star II get blown up from the surface of Endor.
- You will also play as Luke, as Kylo Ren, and other series mainstays. –So no, Luke isn't "getting shafted" for a woman.
- The focus of that campaign is the complete eradication of the Rebellion forces. Oh yes, we get to go dark side and try to get revenge on the Rebels.
- The multiplayer experience will indeed be expanded, though details on how are a bit sketchy right now.
- You'll start multiplayer as a regular trooper and gain vehicles and heroes depending on your gameplay roles.
- The game will span all eras of current Star Wars cannon including the prequels, the clone wars, the original trilogy and the current trilogy – Force Awakens and Last Jedi. No word on Rebels yet.
- Confirmed characters so far are Luke, Darth Maul, Yoda, Rey, and Kylo Ren.
- There will be classes in the game, though which ones and how the function are unkown.
- Of those troopers you start as – those include the resistance fighters, Imperial officers, First Order stormtroopers, and battle droids.
- EA DICE confirmed to IGN that there will not be a Season Pass, so yes, they've heard your complaints on that.
- It will also feature offline local co-op. So yes, we will get split-screen multiplayer.
- The game's single player campaign was written by Walt Williams and Mitch Dyer.
- The campaign story will begin in a novel by Christie Golden called Star Wars: Battlefront II: Inferno Squad and it will release on July 25.
- Arrow actor Paul Blacktorne is voicing Inferno Squad member Gideon Hask.
These are all the details we have right now. I'll continue to update the list as news comes in from Celebration. But the good news is, it looks like Battlefront II will be much more playable than the 2015 reboot of the series. So far, this reveal has been pretty fantastic.
Updated 4/19/17 to include Walt Williams, Mitch Dyer, and Christie Golden's writing credits and Paul Blackthorne's casting.