The next expansion for Final Fantasy XIV, called Shadowbringers, will be releasing this summer and pre-orders for the expansion pack will go live today at 11am PT. This is the third major expansion for the award-winning MMO and will be available on July 2, 2019 both physically and digitally with Collector's and Standard Editions.
Players may pre-order all versions of Shadowbringers at the official pre-order website here.
The Shadowbringers Collector's edition includes a slew of exclusive in-game bonuses and physical goodies for those who just live and breathe everything Final Fantasy XIV. The physical Collector's Edition is available for PS4, Windows, and Steam for $199.99 USD, while the digital Collector's Edition will retail for $59.99 USD.
The full list of Collector's Edition features includes:
- Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers
- Shadowbringers Special Art Box – A unique silver-inlaid box featuring an illustration by artist Yoshitaka Amano.
- Expertly Crafted Dark Knight Figure – An impressive high-quality figure of the Warrior of Darkness as a dark knight.
- Shadowbringers Art Book – An art book featuring a wealth of illustrations and concept art used in the creation of Shadowbringers.
- Shadowbringers Logo Sticker – A reusable vinyl cling featuring the design of theShadowbringers logo.
- Final Fantasy XIV Playing Card Deck – A deck of playing cards featuring a range of artwork from A Realm Reborn™ through Shadowbringers.
- Exclusive In-Game Items
- Grani Mount
- Wind-up Fran Minion
- Revolver Gunbreaker Weapon
All players who pre-order any edition of Shadowbringers will get two exclusive in-game items, which will go live in game on March 1, 2019 at 12:01 am PT so they can take advantage of the items before the Shadowbringers drop. Pre-orders also grant players early access to the expansion, which is scheduled to start on June 28, 2019.
Those pre-order bonus items include:
- Baby Gremlin Minion
- Aetheryte Earring – This earring grants a 30% increase in EXP when worn, up to level 70. The item's attributes (including its item level) will vary based on the user's class/job and current level.
The Standard Edition will be available in physical form for PS4 for $39.99 USD, while a digital version of the Standard Edition will be available on PS4, Windows, Steam, and Mac for the same price.
Additionally, there is a Final Fantasy XIV Online Starter Edition for PC with 30 days of free subscription time included with Twitch Prime through May 3, 2019. You can find more details on that here.
FINAL FANTASY XIV: Shadowbringers is set to bring the following features and updates to Final Fantasy XIV on July 2, 2019:
- New Jobs – Including the gunbreaker–master of gunblade.
- New Playable Race – The Viera–rabbit-like wardens of the wood.
- New Alliance Raid: YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse–from the minds of renowned NeiR creators Yosuke Saito and YOKO TARO.
- Level cap increase from 70 to 80
- Sprawling New Areas – Expansive new areas, such as the Rak'tika Greatwood, Amh Araeng, and Il Mheg.
- New "Trust" System – Tackle Shadowbringers dungeons solo while fighting alongside prominent characters with the new Trust system.
- New Game+ System – Relive the adventures from your past with your current level and gear via the New Game+ system.
- New Beast Tribes and Primals
- …and much more.
Additional information on Shadowbringers is set to be revealed at the Tokyo stop of the 2018-2019 Fan Festival tour on March 23-24, 2019. All Fan Festival events will be streamed free of charge on the official Final Fantasy XIV Twitch channel. Last week's fan festival revealed a ton of new info, including the new Gunbreaker job and Viera playable race. You can find the details on that here.