Gun Media, along with Black Tower Studios and Nighthawk Interactive, have announced a release date for Friday The 13th: The Game on Nintendo Switch. The game was originally announced for the spring a few months ago but we didn't see anything from the company. Now we know the game will be released near the end of summer on August 13th, 2019, and will be going for $40. And for the cost, you're getting a ton of material as it will be the full base game, all released DLC, and an 11" x 17" limited-edition poster. Physical Switch copies are available now for pre-orders through GameStop and Amazon, and will be available through Best Buy and Target at release. Here are the details of all the content below.
Friday the 13th: The Game Ultimate Slasher Edition for the Nintendo Switch includes:
- All DLC and Retail Exclusive Content* – In addition to all previously released DLC – including 10 single player challenges, new maps, characters, counselor outfits, Jason skins, additional kills for Jason and the complete Virtual Cabin experience – the physical edition also offers exclusive Bloody Jason Skins and clothing packs.
- Eight-Person Multiplayer and Single Player Modes – On maps spanning multiple iconic locations from the movie franchise, players will match up online as either Jason Voorhees or a Camp Counselor trying to survive the night. Players seeking lower pressure slasher fun can take the fight offline in matches with AI bots.
- Killer Variety – Players can don the mask of their favorite incarnations of Jason Voorhees as depicted in films two through nine. Each Jason is hand-crafted with specific strengths, weaknesses, and exclusive brutal kills. The retail edition offers even more brutal execution options, with the Pick Axe, Pig Splitter and Machete Kill Packs.
- Character Customization – As players level up, they will unlock new playable Counselor and Jason models that can be purchased with Customization Points (CPs). CPs also unlock new kills for Jason, game-changing perks that help Camp Counselors survive the night, emotes for self-expression, and various regalia appropriate for a funeral … or seven. The retail edition includes the Spring Break '84 Clothing and Halloween Costume Packs for players to try on before the murder party.
- Franchise Authenticity – The game draws expertise from horror icons including Sean S. Cunningham (director/creator of Friday the 13th), Tom Savini (FX legend and effects director of Friday the 13th), composer Harry Manfredini (various compositions from the franchise) and Kane Hodder (Jason Voorhees actor; Part 7, 8 and 9).