Blizzard has gone live with Hearthstone update 10.2 today which brings a few balance changes to the game in addition to some Wild Events in celebration of the Year of the Mammoth. Wild Events will run from February 19th to March 11th, including Wild Arena and two tavern brawls: Venture into the Wild and The Wild Braliseum.
- Wild Arena
- Starting on February 19 and lasting through March 11, the Arena draft will offer cards that are exclusive to Wild, instead of only Standard cards. If you have an existing arena run, we recommend finishing it up before Wildfest begins, as those Arena runs will be retired automatically on February 19. The first arena run for this event is free.
- Venture Into the Wild
- This is a pre-constructed Wild Tavern Brawl; just pick a class, and we'll give you a pre-made Wild deck. This is a great way to experience the fun of Wild, even if you don't own a full Wild collection.
- The Wild Brawliseum
- This is aimed at competitive Hearthstone players who want to put their skills and collection to the test. The Wild Brawliseum uses player-built decks that are locked in for the duration of the run, and has an entry fee that uses Gold or real money. Players battle each other until they hit 12 wins or 3 losses, just like in the Arena. The rewards offered are also the same as what is offered in the Arena, so get in there and give The Wild Brawliseum a try – the first run is free!
The game's balance update comes with a few balance changes, which were announced last week. Those changes include the following:
- Corridor Creeper – Now has 2 attack, down from 5.
- Patches the Pirate – No longer has Charge.
- Raza the Chained – Now reduces your Hero Power cost to 1 instead of 0.
- Bonemare – Now costs 8 mana, up from 7.
In addition, there's a ranked play update starting March 1, 2018. The Ranked Play Updates blog has all the details on the coming changes. While these haven't gone into effect yet, how you play this month will impact your rankings for the March season. What can you expect to change in the Update? Well, here's the basic summary:
- Your reset will not be based on the stars you earned over the season. Instead, you'll reset to four ranks lower than your highest rank that season.
- Players at Legend reset to rank 4, 0 stars.
- All ranks will have 5 stars.
- Starting in March, you will no longer earn the monthly card back by reaching Rank 20. Instead, you can earn each season's card back by winning 5 games in Ranked Standard or Wild at any rank.
And for a limited time, players can now make a one-time purchase for the Year of the Mammoth bundle in the game client, which gives players 10 card packs of Journey to Un'Goro, 10 card packs of Knights of the Frozen Throne, and 10 card packs from Kobolds & Catacombs for $19.99 USD.
You can read the full update patch notes here.