Konami Digital Entertainment is bringing Pro Evolution Soccer to mobile with the arrival of the all-new, free-to-play PES 2017 -Pro Evolution Soccer–. PES is known for its stunning level of control and incredible aesthetic detail while also failing to secure as many licensing agreements as its main competitor FIFA. PES 2017 Mobile will extend the franchise's audience while giving them a more natural control system that makes use of the touch-screen capabilities of iOS and Android devices.
PES 2017 mobile will feature the same game engine used in the original PES console series, but optimized for mobile devices to allow players to play on the go. Additionally, PES 2017 mobile will be a fully featured soccer title, showcasing all of Pro Evo's partnered licences which include FC Barcelona, Liverpool and Borussia Dortmund, plus exclusive use of the UEFA Champions League competition. The mobile title will also feature season-long campaigns, online and local matches against rival players, managerial elements, and training and practice options.
Taking Pro Evolution Soccer to mobile isn't much of a surprise. Lately, all of Konami's main western projects have been mobile titles or had some kind of mobile tie-in, so this move isn't out of left field. And it does represent yet another attempt by Konami to make Pro Evo everyone's go-to soccer game. I don't see this knocking EA's FIFA off it's perch, but it is a solid attempt.
Konami's full press release about the port includes the following descriptions:
- Experience the excitement of a realistic match! The new mobile title embraces PES 2017's iconic gameplay with realistic movements, complex tactical settings, and captivating vocal commentaries. Relish in the authentic sensation of successfully passing, scoring a goal, and the rising tension of a match anytime, anywhere!
- Master gameplay and movement through optimized controls. Known for its real-to-life gameplay and movements, the PES series has been recreated for mobile, allowing players to deliver passes and shoots with simple yet intuitive controls like tapping and flicking, as well as develop advance techniques such as faint, one-two and through passes. Fans of the original console version can also enjoy the Classic Controls on the virtual pad.
- Engage in realistic abilities and characteristics of real-life athletes from partner clubs and leagues across the globe, including favourites such as Messi, Neymar, Suárez, Iniesta and Piqué.
- Build an all-star team by using special scouts and agents, and train skills to master essential moves and progress to advanced tricks.
- Play PES on-the-go! Compete against opponents from all over the world in Online Match, including friends on Local Match and experience the complete PES excitement!
Alongside this announcement, Konami also kicked off a pre-registration campaign that offers users deluxe in-game items. For a limited time only, users have the opportunity to obtain a super rare, minimum silver status special agent for FC Barcelona, Borussia Dortmund and/or Liverpool FC by pre-registering here for iOS, or here for Android devices. iOS pre-reg is only available for players in the US, UK, and Japan.
The game will release later this month.