Mattel and NetEase, through their development studio Mattel163, announced their first game collaboration by bringing UNO! to mobile devices as a worldwide standalone app. The game was previously available on mobile in select territories and through the Facebook Instant Games app, where it has already collected 45 million players. The new launch brings the game to a worldwide audience on the App Store and Google Play.
The version of UNO! that launched on mobile comes with several different game modes including:
- The Classic Game
- Select Quick Play and start up a new game with classic UNO!™ rules. Play anytime, anywhere you can connect.
- 'Room' Mode
- Invite friends and set up your own house rules. Play new cards like "Discard All" to remove one colour completely from your hand, or rules like "Stack" and watch your friends pile cards into their hands. This is the ultimate family-friendly mobile party experience that makes it easy for anyone to join.
- '2×2' Mode
- Find a friend and partner up to battle in 2v2 mode. Help each other reduce your hand (or your partner's) to zero as quickly as possible to beat the other team!
- Easily connect with friends, chat with others during a match or yell "UNO!" into your device when you're about to win. Strategize with friends or cheer others on.
- Real-Time Matches
- Compete in tournaments and special events to win awesome rewards. Top the leaderboards and show-off to your friends!
- 'Go Wild' Mode
- A no-holds-barred mode deemed the ultimate UNO!™ challenge. House rules on, two deck play and winnings up to 160 times what you put in. But beware, in this wild scenario, you win big or go home empty handed…
"Having already enjoyed enormous success on with UNO! on Facebook's Instant Messenger service, we're delighted to have collaborated with our partners NetEase and Mattel to bring UNO! to a worldwide audience today on iOS and Android devices," said Amy Huang, CEO at Mattel163. "Players throughout the world can now enjoy all the light-hearted, competitive gameplay that the mobile version brings, including new games modes and the chance to instantly connect with friends and family."
You can check the game's sizzle reel below.