Mega Houndoom returns to raids, and things are different this time. Since Mega Houndoom's last appearance in Pokémon GO, Mega Raids have been adjusted to become easier to complete and Mega Evolution has been adjusted to be more player-friendly. Now is a better time than ever to raid Mega Houndoom and earn Mega Energy for your own Houndoom. With this Raid Guide, you can prepare a team to do exactly that in Pokémon GO.
Top Mega Houndoom Counters
Pokebattler, which calculates all possible combinations of Pokémon and moves, lists the top ten Mega Houndoom counters as such:
- Terrakion: Double Kick, Sacred Sword
- Mega Blastoise: Water Gun, Hydro Cannon
- Shadow Swampert: Water Gun, Hydro Cannon
- Shadow Feraligatr: Water Gun, Hydro Cannon
- Mega Gyarados: Waterfall, Hydro Pump
- Mega Aerodactyl: Rock Throw, Rock Slide
- Shadow Tyranitar: Smack Down, Stone Edge
- Shadow Machamp: Counter, Dynamic Punch
- Conkedurr: Counter, Dynamic Punch
- Rhyperior: Mud-Slap, Rock Wrecker
It is recommended to power up your counters as much as possible, but creating that amount of strong Shadow Pokémon with their moves unlocked is a tall order for even the most practiced players. Here are ten additional non-Shadow and non-Mega counters that can help take down Houndoom with efficiency.
- Rampardos: Smack Down, Rock Slide
- Kyogre: Waterfall, Surf
- Swampert: Water Gun, Hydro Cannon
- Machamp: Counter, Dynamic Punch
- Lucario: Counter, Aura Sphere
- Garchomp: Mud Shot, Earth Power
- Feraligatr: Water Gun, Hydro Cannon
- Samurott: Waterfall, Hydro Cannon
- Kingler: Bubble, Crabhammer
- Hariyama: Counter, Dynamic Punch
How Many Trainers Are Needed?
Mega Houndoom can be defeated with two trainers. If you cannot guarantee the top counters and the best moves, your best bet is to make sure you have three or more players.
Using the Circle Lock Technique to guarantee Great or Excellent throws, along with Golden Razz Berries, is the best way to catch Pokémon. Because Houndoom is an evolved form, I would suggest using Pinap Berries for your first few throws in an attempt to earn extra Candy.
Shiny Odds & 100% IVs
The Shiny rate for Mega-capable Pokémon is approximately one in 60. Happy raiding, fellow trainers!
When looking for a Pokémon with the best stats, the 100% IV Palkia will have a CP of 2280 in normal weather conditions and 2850 in boosted conditions.
Happy raiding, fellow trainers!