Indie developer and publisher WanadevStudio revealed the release date for Ragnarock as the game comes to both Steam VR and Oculus. The VR rhythm game that will have you rocking out in the age of the Vikings will be released on both platforms on July 16th, 2021. The title has been in Early Access for a minute now and has been getting some cool attention for the gameplay and music. Now you can experience it yourself next week. You can read up more about the game here with the latest trailer.
Are you ready to rock? Ragnarock is a solo/multiplayer VR rhythm game in which you play a viking captain competing in a ship race. With your two hammers, crush the incoming runes in sync with epic viking music. Keep hitting the runes perfectly to accumulate combo energy in your hammers, and you will be able to activate a speed boost!
- Viking music: The tracklist is curated with love and care and will be regularly updated. Unleash the drummer in you and play to the epic rock and metal tracks of Alestorm, Gloryhammer, Wind Rose and many more. All have a festive viking/celtic/pirate style, which will make you feel the viking power in you!
- Simple gameplay: Following the tradition of arcade games, Ragnarock is easy to play, hard to master. To move forward, only your sense of rhythm matters. However, to win the race, you will have to train and use your skills wisely. Multiple difficulty settings will help you improve over time. Only the most experienced players will be able to collect all gold medals, beat the high scores and sign their name on the leaderboard!
- Multiplayer mode: The multiplayer PvP mode brings real-time competition against your friends or other people. Start a public or private game (up to 6 players) and beat them all to finish in first place! In solo, you can also race against a ghost ship (representing your best score) to add some competition.
- Mythological environments: Ragnarock transports you to the land of the vikings in a stylized environment inspired by nordic mythology. More environments to discover will be added over time.
- Support for custom songs: Want to play a track from your personal music library? You can create a custom playable song from any song you own, and play it in solo mode. More info in our FAQ (Community Hub).
- Regular updates: More songs and environments will be added regularly, as well as new features developed with the community. Join us on Discord to give us your feedback. We look forward to hearing from you!