Posted in: Games, Rebellion, Sniper Elite, Sniper Elite 5, Video Games | Tagged: Rebellion Developments, Sniper Elite, Sniper Elite 5
Sniper Elite 5 Finally Receives An Official Release Date
Rebellion Developments finally revealed what the official release date for Sniper Elite 5 will be along with a new trailer. The word came down during Xbox's ID@Xbox Showcase where we learned the game will be coming out on May 26th, 2022. The game is available for pre-order right now as this latest entry will be on Xbox Game Pass, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S. As well as PS4, PS5, and PC via the Epic Games Store, Steam, and the Windows Store. Enjoy the trailer below as we now wait out the next two months for this one.
As part of a covert US Rangers operation to weaken the Atlantikwall fortifications along the coast of Brittany, Karl makes contact with the French Resistance. Soon they uncover a secret German project that threatens to end the war before the Allies can even invade Europe: Operation Kraken. It's Karl's mission to take out the high ranking German officers and end Operation Kraken once and for all. Based upon real-world locations from France in 1944, the new game maps are the largest and most immersive in the franchise's history. Sniper Elite 5's new traversal system offers players an even greater sandbox of options when it comes to taking out their targets. Players can even invite a friend to help them on their mission with enhanced co-operative gameplay options.
- Expansive Campaign – Real-world locations have been captured using photogrammetry to recreate a living, immersive environment, and multiple infiltration and extraction points along with kill list targets provide a whole new perspective on each mission. Take on the German plot solo or work with a partner, with improved co-op mechanics allowing you to share ammo and items, give orders and heal each other.
- Advanced gunplay physics and traversal – Use ziplines, slide down slopes and shimmy along ledges to reach the perfect vantage point, or to sneak past a sharp-eyed lookout. Factor in rifle stock and barrel options along with gravity, wind and heart rate while you line up your sights on the target.
- High caliber customization – Use workbenches to customize and upgrade virtually every aspect of your weapon. Change scopes, stocks, barrels, magazines and more. Rifles, secondary weapons and pistols all have a huge variety of options. On top of that, you can select the ammo to suit your target, from armor-piercing right down to non-lethal.
- Invasion mode drop-in PVP – You can invade another player's Campaign as an Axis sniper and engage in a deadly game of cat and mouse, providing a new dimension to the challenge as you stalk your prey. Alternatively, as Karl, you can call for assistance and have a second sniper drop in to help you out of a tricky situation.
- Tense adversarial multiplayer – Customize your character and loadout and earn XP, medals and ribbons as you take on intensely competitive 16-player battles that will really test your sharpshooting skills. If co-op's more your style, you can team up with up to three other players against waves of enemies in Survival mode.
- Enhanced kill cam – More realistic and grisly than ever, the trademark X-ray kill cam returns, showing you the true destructive power of each shot. Bones deflect bullets unpredictably, ripping a new path through enemy bodies. SMGs and pistols can also trigger kill cams, including multiple shots in dramatic slow motion.
Stay up-to-date and support the site by following Bleeding Cool on Google News today!