The Tokyo edition of this year's Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival is taking place this weekend. During the keynote speech, Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida unveiled a ton of new info on the game's upcoming Shadowbringers expansion, including a confirmation that Dancer will be one of the expansion's new playable jobs.
The keynote kicked off with the Shadowbringers reveal trailer, though this time it was longer than ever. You can check out the Full reveal trailer from the Toyko Fan Festival below.
The full list of announcements from the keynote speech includes:
- New Job – Dancer
- Dancer joins gunbreaker as one of the new jobs in Shadowbringers. This ranged attacker not only unleashes powerful attacks using throwing weapons, but also performs dances to execute abilities and provide beneficial effects to their party. A first look at the dancer is available here.
- New Player Race – Hrothgar
- The Hrothgar player race compliments the recently announced Viera as the second new playable race in Shadowbringers. The Hrothgar and Viera will both have unique, customizable features specific to their races. The Hrothgar reveal trailer can be viewed here.
- New Player Cities – The Crystarium and Eulmore
- Located in Norvrandt, the former will serve as a player hub, while the latter—an affluent city ruled by the elite will play a key role in the Shadowbringers main storyline.
- New Raid – Eden
- This new high-end raid content will feature multiple challenging bosses, as well as a new character—both designed specifically for this raid series by Kingdom Hearts Director and Final Fantasy series veteran, Tetsuya Nomura.
- New Beast Tribe and Primal
- The bearded dwarves and the "sin eater," Innocence.
- New Field Area – Lakeland
Which means we know quite a lot about what's coming in Shadowbringers thanks to the Tokyo and Paris fan festivals. We've got two new jobs: the Gunbreaker tank, and the Dancer as ranged DPS; two new playable races, two new beast tribes and their associated primals, a level cap increase from 70 to 80, an NPC trust system that lets players take NPCs into instanced content for more solo play, a 24-man alliance raid series based on NieR: Automata, New Game + capabilities, and end-game content for DoH and DoL players to help restore the Holy See of Ishgard.
Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers will release July 2, 2019 with Early Access starting June 28th for those who pre-ordered the expansion.