Following news that Impact Wrestling has terminated its contract with World Champion Tessa Blanchard, and after suspending him due to allegations surfaced as part of the #SpeakingOut movement, Impact has now effectively parted ways with Michael Elgin as well. "IMPACT Wrestling has announced that Michael Elgin will not appear in any further IMPACT Wrestling programming," the company said in a statement. Impact announced Elgin's suspension earlier this week alongside the termination of Joey Ryan and Dave Crist.
Elgin was set to compete for Blanchard's Impact World Championship at the upcoming Slammiversary PPV, alongside Ace Austin, Eddie Edwards, and Trey in a five-way match. Impact has already filmed segments for television promoting that match. Now that both Elgin and Blanchard are gone from the promotion, that means that not only will the Slammiversary main event need to be rethought, but any footage already filmed promoting that match, at least involving Elgin, will need to be thrown out as well. Impact already reworked last Tuesday's episode due to the removal of Joey Ryan, whose match with #CancelCulture was supposed to be the opening bout. It's unknown if this means that Impact will need to do more tapings than they originally planned before Slammiversary., which is set to take place on July 18th.
In addition to the allegations of sexual misconduct against him, Elgin also reportedly got into a backstage fight with Sami Callahan over a match, according to a report from the paywalled Fightful Select. "I appreciate the time and opportunities given to me with Impact. That locker room, the film crew, and all the company officials were a pleasure to be associated with. I hope that in time things get sorted," Elgin said in a statement on Instagram. "For now I have to look at the bright side, I have more time to spend with my son and reclaim time that has been missed."