Before the Transformers we all know and love there was the Diaclone series. The series was a toy line created by Takara Toys and was launched in 1980. The figure line consisted of vehicles and robots that morphed and were piloted by small figures with magnet bases. The series moved around and by 1984 Hasbro turned the car-robot series into Transformers with the rest being history. Hasbro is bringing back the Diaclone that started it all with Takara Toy Masterpiece figure Spinout. Spinout was the predecessor to Sunstreaker and for the first time, he is coming to the states in his original packing and language instructions. Directly imported from Japan, Diaclone Spinout is fully jointed and articulated and will also have the ability to transform. The original Transformers car design features a licensed Lamborghini Countach LP500S and will have the licenses plate CR-01 for homage to the Car Robots line. The figure will have some weapon accessories to a blaster and some nice modifications to his Transformers vehicle mode.
This is one historical figure that any Transformers fan will be excited to get their hands on. It is not often we get a look into the past let alone get our hands on it. With Hasbro reintroducing the figure in his original packaging and original instructions this is a real treat. The Transformers Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-39+ Spinout Diaclone Car Robot will be priced at $114.99. Pre-orders seem to be set to stop on May 20th so act fast before its to late and you can find them here.
"Diaclones, roll out! Diaclones? The new Transformers Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-39+ Spinout is here to pay homage to the red Diaclone predecessor of Sunstreaker. The Diaclone inspiration for Spinout was the first Diaclone release of the Car Robots sub-line, which you'll see is alluded to on the vehicle mode's license plate: CR 01. Fully jointed and highly articulated, this Spinout figure is as sold in Japan, with original packaging and Japanese-language instructions. Includes MP-39+ Spinout figure, 3 blaster accessories, and spare side mirror."
- Authentic Takara Tomy Product as sold in Japan, with original packaging and Japanese-language instructions
- The figure depicts the Assault Rescuer Spinout
- Premium collectible
- Fully jointed and highly articulated
- Licensed Lamborghini Countach LP500S alt mode
- Converts from robot mode to Lamborghini Countach LP500S mode
- Pays homage to the Diaclone predecessor of Sunstreaker, the first Diaclone release of the Car Robots sub-line, which is alluded to on the vehicle mode's license plate: CR 01
- Features classic Countach LP500S details like NACA ducts, scissor doors, rear wing spoiler, and pop-up headlights
- Can display with or without supercharger blower