The world seems like a terrible and strange place sometimes, but fandom still brings us together. These are strange times, but The Daily LITG is becoming a valuable way to quantify just what comic book geek culture is up to in this time of trial. Yesterday was the also eleven years since the launch of Bleeding Cool. That we are still here is as much a surprise to me as anyone else. Welcome all, to the daily Lying In The Gutters, a long-running run around the day before and the day ahead. You can sign up to receive it as an e-mail here.
Lucifer still tops the eleven most-read stories yesterday
Bleeding Cool continues to report from the comics industry shutdown, as it starts to ramp up, but yesterday it was all about the Lucifer, looting and hidden Criterion. Here's the eleven top stories of the day.
- Lucifer Cancelled, Final Story Released as a DC Graphic Novel
- 8 Comic Stores Hit By Looting Across the USA
- Why is HBO Max Hiding Its Criterion Movie Selection?
- Masters of the Universe: Revelation: Kevin Smith Clears Up Rumor Again
- Lucifer and Sean Hannity Together – The Daily LITG 1st June 2020
- Transformers Optimus Prime is Ready to Roll Out with Threezero
- The Goonies Gets A Huge 4K Blu-ray Set From Warner Bros.
- Comics Folk Respond To What's Happening in America Right Now
- Buffy Creator Joss Whedon Talks Episode He Finds "Still Beautiful"
- Konami Reveals Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG's Legendary Duelists: 7
- Virus' First Appearance is Now in Last Week's Venom #25
One year ago today
- 'Arrow' Season 8 – Dear CW: Now THIS Is "Crisis" Done Right [OPINION]
- Joshua Luna Blasts Image Comics for Anti-POC Double Standards
- The Comics Industry Roasts and Toasts Bleeding Cool For Its Tenth Anniversary, Today
- How Wally West and Booster Gold Could Have Saved Everyone in Heroes In Crisis – and Still Could (Spoilers)
- Now Superman is Picturing His Son's Death Over and Over
Comic Book Events happening today
There would also have been signings, appearances, symposia, all manner of comic book-related events. But a few have gone online, and here are some still happening today, on the Daily LITG. .
- French Comics Apero, Institut français du Royaume-Uni, London, 6-7pm BST
- FCSA D.C Comics Quiz, Fife College Students' Association, 12.30pm.
- Comics Editing! Support for Everyone! Workshop w/ Georgia Webber, Comic Arts + Creative Health 1-3pm EDT
Comic Book birthdays today
There may not be much of a party atmosphere right now. All depends on which state you are living in. But comic folk are still getting older and still celebrating that special date. With eleven years for us as well.
- Michael E. Uslan, producer of Batman movies, Life With Archie comics writer, creator of Dinosaucers.
- Rob Guillory, co-creator of Chew.
- Conny Valentina, cover artist on Cavewoman
- Barry Grossman, comics colourist and editor
- Dwight Jon Zimmerman, comics writer, editor, author of Steve McQueen: Full Throttle Cool
- Scott Rosema, artist on Space Ghost comics
- Joe Gentile, founder of Moonstone Books
Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List
Interested in more debate over Lucifer, eleven years strong, or anything else? Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List. And we'll see you here tomorrow.