These are strange times, but The Daily LITG is becoming a valuable way to quantify just what comic book geek culture is up to in this time of trial. With a new ability for the Batman, and a revealed DC Comics attitude to Poison Ivy. Welcome all, to the daily Lying In The Gutters a long-running run around the day before and the day ahead. You can sign up to receive t as an e-mail here.
Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy and the eleven most-read stories yesterday
Bleeding Cool continues to report from the comics industry shutdown, steeped in Poison Ivy, Batsignals, New Warriors and more. Keep up with your Daily LITG.
- Batman Gets a New Ability in The Three Jokers, Out on August 25th
- Sam Humphries Says DC Won't Let Him Use Poison Ivy in Harley Quinn
- The Comic Store That Ordered 500 Copies of Marvel's New Warriors #1
- Looks Like Steam Is Getting A Loyalty Rewards System
- More Marvel Digital-Only Trades – Nuff Said?
- BBC Releases Doctor Who, Blake's Seven Set Shots for Zoom Backgrounds
- Joker is Ready for His Spotlight with Prime 1 Studio and Blitzway
- Here's How To Get Every Single Issue of The Walking Dead for Just $18
- The Sandman Audio Adapt: James McAvoy as Morpheus, All-Star Cast
- Harley Quinn Loves Booster Gold… To Death?
- When Your Movie is Canned After 4 Years Work, Write a Song About It
The big Batman change that never was, and the five most-read stories one year ago
Maybe it's time to ask Tom King about that story again.
- DC Comics and Warners to Change Batman 'For a Generation or More' – Tom King
- Netflix Vs Marvel Over What If?
- Kevin Smith's 17-Year-Delayed Daredevil Comic is Still in the Works…
- We're Not Sure How We Feel About the 'Game of Thrones' Series Finale Teaser
- Separated at Birth: Lucca Comics 2019 Poster by Barbara Baldi
Comic Book Events happening today
There would also have been signings, appearances, symposia, all manner of comic book-related events. But a few have gone online, and here are some still happening today, on the Daily LITG. And we are returning to events in the flesh as well.
- Ultimate Comics FB Live Comics Selling show, 7pm EDT.
- 50cent Comics and $2 Graphic Novels, Madness Games and Comics, Plano, Texas, 11am CDT.
- Cartooning + Comics Ages 9-12 Class, Creative Cauldron.Teaching Artists Kerry Hull. 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm.
- DREAM FURY COMICS, African American Folklore and the Blues, Jack Dappa Blues Radio, 11am-12.15pm EDT
Comic Book Industry birthdays, today
There may not be much of a party atmosphere right now. Or if there is, the police will come and shut you down. But comic folk are still getting older and still celebrating that special date.
- Nicola Barrucci, owner of Dynamite Entertainment and Dynamic Forces
- Jonathan Christopher Matthewson, comics creator
- David Chelsea, autobiographical comic creator
- Dave Taylor, artist on Batman, Judge Dredd, Force Works
- Gabriel Vetusto of Comics Z2
- Karalyn Johnson, illustrator, sculptor, multimedia artist, guerrilla marketer, technical expert and technical consultant to the art supply industry.
- Josh Baker, comics historian
- Jeffrey Allan Boman, comics journalist
- Eric Jason Ratcliffe, host/presenter of Why I Love Comics
Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List
Interested in more debate over Poison Ivy or anything else? Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List. And we'll see you here tomorrow.