Crusader Kings II is Taking on a New Crusade in the Holy Fury Expansion
Paradox Interactive announced another new expansion for Crusader Kings II, which will take players on a whole new holy war. Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury gives players charge of a body of righteous warriors on a Crusade for the faith, or in defense against attackers.
- Shattered and Random Worlds: Start your game on a fictional map of Europe as a small realm fighting for space, or on a random map with historical analogues for the great kingdoms of yore.
- Warrior Lodges: Join a Pagan warrior lodge and raid your way up the ranks, unlocking access to powerful allies and greater military skill.
- Legendary Bloodlines: Descendants of great warrior heroes will have bonuses that match the accomplishments of their forefathers, including historical bloodlines of Charlemagne, Genghis Khan and others..
- Sway or Antagonize Your Neighbors: Try to win a reluctant vassal through charm and persuasion, or provoke someone you want to push into conflict.
- Sainthood: Pious Catholics can become canonized, passing on their glory to their descendants and making their resting place a site of great value.
- Coronations: Feudal kings and emperors must find clergy to crown them, since all power descends from the heavens.
- New Crusade Events: Deeper gameplay for the religious wars of the era.
- New Succession Laws: A Pagan Elder Council may have the final word in how a realm is divided among heirs, or a ruler may challenge his brother to combat to unify a realm.
- And much more: Changes to religion, custom names for people or objects, deeper baptismal mechanics, lists of people you've killed, and othersmall changes for flavor and variety.