In partnership with Nvidia, Square Enix made one of their biggest announcements of the year with the reveal that Final Fantasy XV will be coming to PC in early 2018. Below are some of the finer details of what Nvidia used to help port what is being called the "Windows Edition", along with some fantastic screenshots and promotional art of what the game will look like. There was a trailer up this morning, but it has since been taken down for unknown reasons.
Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition will include the following GameWorks technology for real-time graphics and physics simulations:
- NVIDIA Flow – creates vivid, combustible fluid, fire and smoke.
- NVIDIA HairWorks – creates dynamic, life-like hair and fur for characters, animals and monsters that inhabit the game.
- NVIDIA ShadowWorks – enables characters to cast shadows on themselves.
- NVIDIA Turf Effects – creates life-like grass and vegetation in the game environment.
- NVIDIA VXAO – adds depth and realism based on the physics principles shadows and light.
There is also support for both GeForce® Experience™ capture and share tools:
- NVIDIA Ansel, an in-game photography tool that allows gamers to compose shots from any position, adjust with post-process filters, capture HDR images in high fidelity formats, and share screenshots in 360 via a smartphone, PC or VR headset.
- NVIDIA ShadowPlay Highlights automatically captures the player's greatest gaming achievements in video and screenshot, enabling seamless sharing through social channels.