The end of November 2022 is all about Ultra Beasts in Pokémon GO. Nihilego is back in Tier Five raids for the rest of the month and the other Ultra Beasts that have been released so far will be featured during a special event for Thanksgiving weekend. Ultra Beasts: Arrival will begin with in-person events in the UK and Los Angeles on Saturday before it goes global on Sunday. Be sure to stay tuned to our Pokémon GO raid guides this weekend in order to take on all of the available Ultra Beasts. This guide will teach Trainers how to take down Kartana.
Top Kartana Counters
Pokebattler, which calculates all possible combinations of Pokémon and moves, lists the top ten Kartana counters as such:
- Mega Charizard Y: Fire Spin, Blast Burn
- Apex Shadow Ho-Oh: Incinerate, Sacred Fire+
- Mega Charizard X: Fire Spin, Blast Burn
- Shadow Entei: Fire Fang, Overheat
- Shadow Moltres: Fire Spin, Overheat
- Reshiram: Fire Fang, Overheat
- Shadow Charizard: Fire Spin, Blast Burn
- Mega Houndoom: Fire Fang, Flamethrower
- Apex Purified Ho-Oh: Incinerate, Sacred Fire++
- Shadow Typhlosion: Incinerate, Blast Burn
It is recommended to power up your counters as much as possible, but creating that amount of strong Shadow Pokémon with their moves unlocked is a tall order for even the most practiced players. Here are ten additional non-Shadow and non-Mega counters that can help take down Kartana with efficiency.
- Darmanitan: Fire Fang, Overheat
- Moltres: Fire Spin, Overheat
- Heatran: Fire Spin, Flamethrower
- Entei: Fire Fang, Overheat
- Chandelure: Fire Spin, Overheat
- Blaziken: Fire Spin, Blast Burn
- Emboar: Ember, Blast Burn
- Charizard: Fire Spin, Blat Burn
- Hisuian Arcanine: Fire Fang, Flamethrower
- Victini: Quick Attack, V-Create
How Many Trainers Are Needed?
Kartana will take just two trainers to take it down due to its double weakness to Fire-types as a dual Grass/Steel-type. If you cannot guarantee the top counters with maxed-out CP and the best moves, your best bet is to make sure you have three or more players.
Using the Circle Lock Technique to guarantee Great or Excellent throws, along with Golden Razz Berries, is the best way to catch Pokémon.
Shiny Odds & 100% IVs
Kartana cannot currently be encountered in its Shiny form in Pokémon GO.
When looking for a Pokémon with the best stats, the 100% IV Kartana will have a CP of 2101 in normal weather conditions and 2626 in boosted conditions.
Happy raiding, fellow trainers!