Merge Games revealed a new Lovecraftian Horrorpunk Action RPG is on the way with their latest game Morbid: The Seven Acolytes. Being developed by indie company Still Running, the game has you playing as the last Striver of Dibrom. Your charge, which you have trained your entire life for, is to defeat the Seven Acolytes and free the kingdom from their reign of terror. The game was revealed during the Future Games Show over the weekend as they will be bringing the game sometime in 2020 to PC via Steam and all three major consoles. Enjoy checking out more about the game below.
Morbid: The Seven Acolytes will have players testing their mettle with a wealth of bloodthirsty encounters and rich, absorbing lore. Challenging foes, mini-bosses, and memorable large-scale boss fights with fully orchestrated music are some of the ferocious encounters the player will experience throughout the world of Morbid. In order to succeed across the hostile world of Mornia, players will have to master the wealth of combat and customization options available to discover as they progress through the game. Players will be challenged to improve their character and gear through quests, perks, runes, looting and upgrades, so they can defeat the Seven Acolytes and free the kingdom!
- Experience epic, brutal boss encounters and explore a diverse array of environments
- Perk levelling system with multiple ways to build your character
- Deep, immersive lore with NPC's to meet throughout the world
- Over 25 Unique Melee Weapons, such as Swords, Axes, Maces, Spears, Two-Handers, as well several guns ranging from Pistols, Shotguns and Rifles
- Epic fully orchestrated soundtrack comprised 18 tracks
- Health, Stamina and Sanity management is important as you traverse the world