Bandai Namco released a new trailer for its upcoming title, Naruto To Boruto: Shinobi Striker today. Shinobi Striker will be available in 2018 for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Steam. The new trailer highlights the different classes of shinobi available to players as well as a variety of modes to play with and against other players online. Your basic PVP and Co-op functions, essentially.
Naruto To Boruto: Shinobi Striker is a high-speed four vs. four multiplayer that encourages cooperative play through the use of character-specific roles. Characters are split up into four roles: Attack, Ranged, Defense, and Heal. So, you know, DPS, healers, and tanks. And its nicely set up so you get both ranged and melee DPS in a nice 4-player light party setup. Not that Bandai or developer Soleil call them that.
The breakdown, according to Gematsu, is as follows:
- Attack-Type Fighters – Attack-type fighters such as Naruto Uzumaki, Kakashi Hatake and Pain will have powerful, fast and strong attacks.
- Ranged-Type Fighters – Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker will also feature Ranged-type fighters with Sasuke Uchiha, Itachi Uchiha and Konan who are famous for their long-distance attacks.
- Defense-Type Fighter – Kisame Hoshigaki as a Defense-type fighter is able to reinforce his defense.
- Heal-Type Fighters – The last type of characters, the Heal-type fighters like Sakura Haruno, will be able to heal themselves and also other players.
Players can battle against or with each other in a variety of modes shown in the trailer including:
- Barrier Battle – The attacking team must unlock the Seal Pile on the map while the defending team attempts to stop them. Unlocking the seal will summon a boss character for the attacking team to defeat.
- Flag Battle – Seize the flag from the enemy's territory and bring it back to your team's base.
- Sub Mode "Mission" – Cooperate with friends to clear different mission objectives.
You can watch the different modes and classes in action in the trailer below.