Yesterday, Blizzard brought back one of the most popular Overwatch events as the 2019 Summer Games have officially kicked off. As noted on Twitter, the games will be here until August 5th and have brought back favorites like Lucioball to the fold. Not to mention a plethora of new skins, sprays, catchphrases and more that you can collect in the game. You can check out more in the trailer below and remember to dive into weekly challenges to earn more points each week toward Overwatch loot boxes. (You know, earning them instead of paying for them.)
NEW EVENT FEATURE: WEEKLY CHALLENGES
- Weekly Challenges introduce a new way for players to unlock limited-time rewards every week for playing Overwatch.
- 9 wins in Quick Play, Competitive Play, or the Arcade grant players limited-time sprays, player icons, and an epic skin on top of standard earnings normally received for playing Overwatch.
- Once the week's challenge has expired, the rewards will be replaced by a new set of sprays and icons, along with a new epic skin for the new week.NEW COSMETICS
- This year's Summer Games includes 4 new Legendary skins and 3 new Epic skins.
- New cosmetics also include 1 highlight intro, 2 emotes, 3 victory poses, 9 new player icons and 2 new sprays.