Blizzard finally announced a release date this week for Warcraft III: Reforged, as the game will see the light of day on January 28th, 2020. Players will have two options to buy on the Blizzard Shop. The standard edition will go for $30, and the Spoils Of War Edition, which will sell for $40. The latter comes with unique hero skins for Arthas, Cenarius, Jaina, and Thrall, as well as several bonus items that can be unlocked in other Blizzard games like Hearthstone, World Of Warcraft, and Diablo III. We have a rundown of what's in the game below, and you can read more from the devs in their blog.
Warcraft III: Reforged Features
- Complete Graphical Overhaul: Warcraft III: Reforged brings the original game into the modern era with fully overhauled characters, structures, environments, animations, and graphical effects.
- Multiplayer between versions: Players will be able to do battle with anyone who plays Warcraft III, regardless of whether they're playing the original or Reforged.
- Original Voice-overs: Reforged will retain the original game's voice over recordings, preserving the authenticity of the Warcraft III experience.
- Rebuilt World Editor: Reforged features an all-new World Editor designed to empower the game's longstanding creator community to reach new heights, with hundreds of new triggers, LUA scripting support, new tools for importing models, and more enhancements planned for the future.
- Full Battle.net Implementation: Players will enjoy the full suite of Battle.net features to bolster their Warcraft III experience, including text and voice chat, clans, and seamless installation and patching.