The Hindi sisters are back at it again with a new addition to their Hillywood Show's collection of parody videos. The comedy sister duo of Hilly and Hannah have previously tackled Twilight, Supernatural, Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, and Doctor Who and have now decided to tackle a Suicide Squad framed parody of Lady Gaga's Judas.
Directed by Hannah, and starring Hilly as Harley Quinn and Caine Keenan as The Joker, they've created another parody video that's really about as good as they ever come in terms of production quality. The song's a great fit to the material as well since Gaga's original is about embracing one's inner darkness while coping in a dysfunctional relationship where he has repeatedly betrayed her. So thinking about Harley and Joker's relationship, that's pretty much on the mark.
For people who haven't watched one of the Hillywood Show's videos before, they're definitely in the vein of the now-defunct Not Literally crew, but have taken the geek-inspired pop-culture mashups to the next level. Most of their productions are crowd funded by way of a Patreon account.
If you haven't watched the video yet, you have a chance to get in on a contest that they're running for the best reaction video, the winners will get a Skype call from Hilly and Hannah. The rules for the contest are:
- Record yourself watching the video for the first time.
- Don't show the parody as part of your video feed. If you embed the parody into your feed you'll be DQ'd.
- Don't use headphones (that way they can time-sync the videos, and also know that you're watching the Parody and not a Spicer press conference).
- Get creative (watch it with a group, or get into costume).
- Don't be glaringly fake.
- Upload the video to youtube and title it with "my suicide squad parody reaction video" and use "The Hillywood Show" in the tags.
For full details, you can check out their contest page.
If you're not familiar with Gaga's song or video, here's that video so you can see how close the Hillywoods managed to take their parody to the original.