The world seems like a terrible and strange place sometimes, and the last couple of days has felt as a number of accounts of sexual harassment, grooming and worse were made public on social media. Bleeding Cool continues to looking into specific cases, such as Cameron Stewart below, but these things do take time and, editorially, we are respecting the wishes of those who made claims as to whether we report them more widely or not. But it is also a reminder that these things are still happening and should be challenged. The Daily Lying In The Gutters, remains a long-running run around the day before and the day ahead. You can sign up to receive it as an e-mail here.
Cameron Stewart and the ten most-read stories yesterday
Claims made against Cameron Stewart – and the subsequent reaction of DC Comics editorial and those of the Ice Cream Man comic at Image, dominated traffic on the site yesterday. We used the image from Fight Club above as a reminder that it's also a time to look at ourselves.
- DC Drops Cameron Stewart Comic After Social Media Allegations
- "Street Fighter" Cammy Gets Three New Statues from PCS Collectibles
- Immortal Hulk to End With Its Fiftieth Issue
- Dan DiDio Has a New Job in the DC Universe
- Naruto Shippuden SDCC 2020 Exclusives Arrive at Entertainment Earth
- Marvel Reschedule Black Widow, Shang-Chi, Doctor Doom, Juggernaut
- Drew McIntyre Would Prefer Sewage in Wounds Over Sleeping With Lana
- Marvel Comics Announce Immortal She-Hulk, Spinning Out of Empyre
- No Blu-Rays and Reduced DVDs For Black Lightning?
- Wynonna Earp Team Thanks Fans for Fighting Like The Earpers They Are
House of X, one year ago
A year ago, House of X had yet to launch. Seems like a lifetime ago,
- Marvel Posts Another Spider-Man Teaser, Dispelling All Prevailing Theories
- Marvel Reveals Designs for 6 New Characters for Powers of X, X-Men Relaunch
- Marvel Shocker: Joe Quesada Admits Donny Cates is Secret Love Child
- The Suit, Created by 'Scout Moriel' – and Jim Lee – From DC Comics
- SDCC 2019 Mattel Exclusives: Batman, She-Ra, MOTU, and More!
Comic Book Events happening today
There would also have been signings, appearances, symposia, all manner of comic book-related events. But a few have gone online, and here are some still happening today, on the Daily LITG.
- Acme Comics has the Acme Home Shopping Network for BLM, starting at 6pm EDT.
- Comics and Cones will be at the Winchester Road Farmers Market in Alabama at 3.30pm CDT.
Comic Book birthdays today
There may not be much of a party atmosphere right now. All depends on which state you are living in. But comic folk are still getting older and still celebrating that special date. With eleven years for us as well.
- Dean Mullaney, co-founder of Eclipse Comics
- Brian C. Boerner, Topps Comics design director
- Linda Lessmann Rhinehold – comic book colourist
- Patrick Gerard, writer of Ungrounded
- Vince Hernandez, writer for Aspen
Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List
Interested in more debate about Cameron Stewart or anything else? Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List. And we'll see you here tomorrow.