Welcome to the Daily LITG. The world can seem like a terrible and strange place sometimes, but there are highlights. And at Bleeding Cool you can still read all about comics, merch, TV shows, games, movies and more. Including Pokémon GO, Funko, Ghost Rider, Batman #100 and so much more. The Daily Lying In The Gutters remains a long-running run around the day before and the day ahead. You can sign up to receive it as an e-mail here.
LITG: Pokémon GO, Funko, Ghost Rider – the ten most-read stories yesterday…
What you were reading yesterday, the numbers don't lie.
- How To Grind XP & Reach Level 40 In Pokémon GO
- Funko Talks the Ups and Downs of the NYCC Lottery
- Yamask Has Returned For October's Events In Pokémon GO
- Dear Marvel; Make the Nicolas Cage Ghost Rider Films Canon You Cowards
- The Dead Rise in the Exclusive Funko Marvel Zombies Collector Box
- James Tynion IV Confirms He Was Going To Leave With Batman #100
- It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: Rob McElhenney Goes Dennis on Trump
- Where Is Shiny Kirlia With The Top Hat In Pokémon GO
- Regal Cinema Will Close All 543 Venues in the US
- Funko Gives Tone Deaf Response To NYCC Lottery Debacle
ICYMI: six more you may prefer from yesterday,
Just in case you wanted to read more about the actual comics.
- Sorry DC, Boom, Titan, IDW, Peach Momoko Goes Exclusive With Marvel
- Marvel Unveils Eight Exclusive Artists For Young Guns "Stormbreakers"
- Robbi Rodriguez Relaunches Harbinger at Valiant for Summer 2021
- The Missing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Last Ronin Retailer Variant
- Taskmaster #1 Drops Early On Marvel Unlimited – But Be Quick
- Diamond UK Had An "Incident" Over The Weekend
One year ago, it was the DC Timeline
They didn't mean it to get out. But Bleeding Cool had eagle eyes. And we started to see exactly what the new DC Comics Timeline was all about, as New York Comic Con was going on and 5G was becoming clearer.
- Exclusive: The Full DC Comics New Continuity Timeline – Including Crisis, New 52, Rebirth and Doomsday Clock – As Shown at #NYCC
- A New Aging for Jonathan Kent? The DC Universe Timeline Generation 4 in Full, From Wildstorm to Hell Arisen
- Harley Quinn Has a New Lover at DC – One That No One Will Be Able To Guess
- Wonder Woman, First Superhero of the DC Universe- Breaking Down the First 25 Years of the New DC Timeline
- Bringing Back the Justice League of America – the Second Generation of the New DC Comics Timeline
- Stephanie Brown Debuted as Robin – the Third Generation of the New DC Comics Timeline
- New Covers, Interior Art from Marvel's Dawn of X Panel at NYCC
- Benjamin Percy Reveals Details of X-Force in the Dawn of X
- How James Marsters Undercut Joss Whedon From The Beginning, Playing Spike With a Soul #NYCC
- Benjamin Percy and Adam Kubert Relaunch Wolverine for Dawn of X Wave 2
- The Insanely Big After-Party List of New York Comic Con 2019 #NYCC (UPDATE)
- Donny Cates Takes Over Thor in 2020 with Nic Klein and Matt Wilson
- Ah, DC Comics, So This is What 5G is Then…
- James Gunn Fires Back at Martin Scorsese for Trashing Marvel Movies
- Marvel Legends Fantastic Four Series Announced At NYCC
LITG: What's happening today
Plenty of comic book events happening online as a handful return to going offline.
LITG: Comic book industry birthdays
There may not be much of a party atmosphere right now. All depends on which state you are living in. But comics folk are still getting older and still celebrating that special date.
- Hannah Means-Shannon, currently running PULSE! at Tower Records, former EIC of Bleeding Cool and former Management Editor of Heavy Metal Magazine.
- Clay Fernald, comic book journalist
- Eric Jimenez, artist on Temporal
- Mike Carlin, DC Senior Editor
- Shane Davis, Superman and Batman artist
- Julian Darius, comics writer, publisher of Martian Lit
- Shannon Smith, colourist and editor
- Jim Nelson, artist on Athena Voltaire,
- Kathleen A. Webb, Archie Comics writer
- Darwin McPherson, Green Lantern writer
- Joanne Spaldo, Marvel editor
Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List.
Interested in more LITG discussion about Pokémon GO, Funko, Ghost Rider, Batman #100 or what this all means? Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List. And we'll see you here tomorrow.