These are strange times, but The Daily LITG is becoming a valuable way to quantify just what comic book geek culture is up to in this time of trial. Yesterday that including the IDW Publishing firings, and responses by staff to them, Rick, Morty, Funko and Paul Giamatti. Welcome all, to the daily Lying In The Gutters, a long-running run around the day before and the day ahead. You can sign up to receive it as an e-mail here.
Rick, Morty, Funko, Paul Giamatti and the ten most-read stories yesterday
Bleeding Cool continues to report from the comics industry shutdown, as it starts to ramp up, but with IDW Publishing making a number of employees fully redundant, a story that only Bleeding Cool has deemed worth covering, it seems. Oh, and Paul Giamatti. Keep up with your Daily LITG.
- Rick and Morty: Billions Star Paul Giamatti Finally Meets His Character
- Funko Funkoween Announces New Nightmare Before Christmas Pops
- Now IDW Publishing Lets Go Of Employees, Permanently
- Civilization VI Is Free On The Epic Games Store, Crossplay With Steam
- Marvel Zombies Rise from the Grave for Funko Funkoween
- What's The Big Secret in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #50?
- The Alienist: Angel of Darkness Key Art Teases Our Team's New Hunt
- Marvel Comics MIA in August 2020 Solicits, New Warriors to Dr Strange
- Marvel Comics August 2020 Full Solicitations Look Familiar
- IDW Publishing Former Employees Speak About Redundancies
Comic Book Events happening today
There would also have been signings, appearances, symposia, all manner of comic book-related events. But a few have gone online, and here are some still happening today, on the Daily LITG. And we are returning to events in the flesh as well.
- DC Comics Cosplay Fight Video, Happening Now
- Monomythic Panel: Small Press Comics, 5-6pm CDT
- End of Year Show — BA (Hons) Comics & Graphic Novels, Teesside University, 6–11:50pm BST
- LIVE Cartoon and comic art club with Marc makes comics 2pm BST
Comic Book birthdays today
There may not be much of a party atmosphere right now. All depends on which state you are living in. But comic folk are still getting older and still celebrating that special date.
- Eric Kirsammer, owner at Quimby's Bookstore
Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List
Interested in more debate over IDW Publishing, Paul Giamatti or anything else? Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List. And we'll see you here tomorrow.