Welcome to the Daily LITG. The world can seem like a terrible and strange place sometimes, but there are highlights. And at Bleeding Cool you can still read all about comics, merch, TV shows, games, movies and more. Including West Wing, Star Wars and Turtles – The Daily LITG 29th October, 2020 #westwing #starwars #tmnt #litgand so much more. The Daily Lying In The Gutters remains a long-running run around the day before and the day ahead. You can sign up to receive it as an e-mail here.
Daily LITG: West Wing, Star Wars and Turtles – the ten most-read stories yesterday…
What you were reading yesterday, the numbers don't lie.
- The West Wing Reunion Offered to Non-HBO Max Subscribers for Free
- Iconic Star Wars BTS Photo Becomes Ornament To Make You Cry
- TMNT: The Last Ronin #1 The Remaining Turtle Revealed (Spoilers)
- Jason Todd Complicated Love Life In Three Jokers #3 and Red Hood #50
- The Wheel of Time Series Posts Audio Preview- But Are You Ready?
- Shiny Darkrai Raid Hour Is Tonight In Pokémon GO
- Red Hood and Nightwing McFarlane Toys 2-Pack Finally Arrives
- Black Editorial Staff Speak Out About DC Comics, Across Two Decades
- Funko Unveils Marvel Black Light for Today's FunkoShop Drop
- X Of Swords… Is Not Going To Be Ten Issues Of Sword Fighting?
ICYMI: more you may prefer from yesterday.
But there were lots of big comic book stories bubbling under the surface…
- X-Men's Sheriff Gia Whitechapel, Shares Name With Adult Performer
- Marco Rudy's Journey From DC and Marvel To Rainy Day Woman (RDW)
- Donny Cates & Dylan Burnett's New Comic, The One You Feed, Out Now
- Comic Shops Get Free DC Nation Presents: DC Future State in November
- Lance Briggs' Very Political Journey From Football To Graphic Novel
- Does Doctor Strange Now Know About One More Day? (Spoilers)
- DC Collects John Ridley's Batman In Hardcover In June 2021
- Mad Jim Jaspers And The Fury Appear In Today's X Of Swords: Stasis
- Yesterday, Lunar Distributed Two Weeks Of DC Comics At Once
- 4 Page King In Black: Black Knight #1 Preview by Jesus Saiz
One year ago, Gary Frank finished Doomsday Clock
And Tony Isabella was calling Batman toxic, long before Defund Batman.
- Tony Isabella Calls Batman Toxic, Says Character Ruins DC Comics
- Gary Frank Has Finished the 47 Page Final Issue of Doomsday Clock #12 – All On Track For December 18th
- First Look at David Tennant's Doctor Meeting Jodie Whittaker's in Doctor Who – January 2020 Titan Solicits
- Bruce Lee Gets An 80th-Anniversary Tribute Statue from Blitzway
- Just Chillin' With Apocalypse in Excalibur #1 [Preview]
- "Try and Stay Calm, You're Doing Very Well" – BBC One's Dracula Trailer Drops at MCM London Comic Con
- "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" Season 14 "The Gang Texts" [REVIEW]
- Exclusive: Our First Look at Thor #1 by Donny Cates and Nic Klein Gets Rather Messy
- The Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, 27th October 2019 – "None Of Them Could Top Sales of Marauders #1"
- "Rick and Morty": Was Chris Jericho's World Title Stolen via Portal Gun?
- Power Rangers Lightning Collection Wave 3 Announced by Hasbro
- Historical Funko Pop Artists, Presidents and Icons Are Coming Soon
- Okay, So I Just Bought a Page of Doomsday Clock at MCM London Comic Con
- Martin Scorsese Expands on His Comments Regarding Marvel Films
- "Supernatural": Jared Padalecki Arrested on Assault, Public Intox [Review]
- "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" Episode IV – A New Retweet Hope [REVIEW]
- "Good Omens": Neil Gaiman Loved Your Netflix Petition to Cancel Show
- "Supergirl": Kara's Villains Are Hiding "In Plain Sight" [PREVIEW]
- Exclusive: Our First Look at Scarlet Witch Vs The Vision in Tarot #1 by Alan Davis and Paul Renaud
- Exclusive: Our First Look at Star Wars #1 by Charles Soule and Jesus Saiz From Marvel in January
Two years ago, Old Man Logan was ending…
And Superman was getting militarised
- Old Man Logan Finale May Feature the Worst Thing Wolverine's Ever Done
- Clark Kent Joins the Navy SEALs In Superman: Year One
- Hunter Killer is Far Better than You've Been Told [Review]
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fans Freak Out Over New Found Item
- Frank Miller vs AnemoneTea at MCM London Comic Con 2018
LITG: Happening today:
Lots of events are online now – but not all.
- America: WTF? Comics in a Time of Crisis, Online Event hosted by Comics at Columbia and Robert Sikoryak. While the few remaining editorial cartoonists continue to address our current political moment, there is also extraordinary work being done in longer-form comics. Artists R. Sikoryak, Breena Nuñez, Ezra Claytan Daniels, and Derf discuss how today's events percolate up into their work, in a conversation with moderator Karen Green. 6.30-8.30pm ET
- Lucca Comics And Games, until Sunday.
- Nancy Silberkleit co-CEO Archie Comics and the literary power of comics, on Zoom, Winhall Memorial Library, 7pm ET
Daily LITG: Comic book industry birthdays
There may not be much of a party atmosphere right now. All depends on which state you are living in. But comics folk are still getting older and still celebrating that special date.
- Jeff Krelitz, of Tower Records.
- Paul Gravett, the Man at the Crossroads, publisher, curator, comics expert.
- Publisher of Top Shelf Comix and author of The Staros Report, Chris Staros.
- Batton Lash, publisher and creator of Supernatural Law.
- Warrior Nun Areala writer Anthony Zicari
- Illustrator Dave Bain
- Transformers and GI Joe comic book artist Emil Cabaltierra
- Comics journalist Eric Larnick
- Managing editor of Decider, Alexander Zalben
- Comic book journalist and Youngblood writer Dr Manolis Vamvounis
- Director Ralph Bakshi who hired many comic book creators for his studio.
- Co-creator of E-Man, comics writer and editor Nicola Cuti.
Subscribe to our Daily LitG Mailing List.
Interested in more Daily LITG discussion about West Wing, Star Wars and Turtles or what this all means? Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List. And we'll see you here tomorrow.