These are strange times, but The Daily LITG is becoming a valuable way to quantify just what comic book geek culture is up to in this time of trial. Today would have been Free Comic Book Day, but that has been postponed until the autumn. A number of comic stores were also meant to open their doors for the first time today, but are not. So there may be a subdued feeling. Nevertheless, welcome all, to the daily Lying In The Gutters a long-running run around the day before and the day ahead. You can sign up to receive it as an e-mail here.
Baby Yoda, Alton Brown and Buffy, and the 10 Most-Read Stories yesterday
Bleeding Cool continues to report from the comics industry shutdown, With more from our favourite Baby Yoda, Alton Brown and Buffy The Vampire Slayer comic books. Keep up with your Daily LITG.
- Funko Announces More Baby Yoda and The Mandalorian Pop Vinyls
- Good Eats: Reloaded Review: Alton Brown Raises The Stakes On Steaks
- Big First Appearance You Can't Miss in Buffy The Vampire Slayer #14
- Danny Boyle's Frankenstein Proves Most Intense Adaptation Yet: Review
- Good Omens: Lockdown: Gaiman, Tennant, Sheen Reunite for Follow-Up
- A Mega First Appearance in Go Go Power Rangers #31
- Hasbro Reveals New Star Wars Collectibles for Fan First Friday
- Jay And Silent Bob Mall Brawl Will Be Released Next Week
- Marvel Returns to Comic Shops on May 27th – and It's a Wednesday
- Ubisoft Releases The "Just Dance 2020" Song List
Walking Dead, Dead Mutants, Cyberfrog and the 5 most-read stories one year ago
- Today's Walking Dead #191 Changes Everything About the Comic (Major Spoilers)
- How Toxic Masculinity Killed (SPOILERS) in Uncanny X-Men
- Magic: The Gathering's War of the Spark Mythic Edition Goes on Sale Wednesday
- Ethan Van Sciver Commissions 'Retailer Exclusive' Dynamite Covers With Cyberfrog
- DC Comics Updates Its Solicitations for The Year Of The Villain – The Offer, After Lex Luthor's Transformation (Spoilers)
Comic Book Events happening today
There would also have been signings, appearances, symposia, all manner of comic book-related events. But a few have gone online, and here are some still happening today, on the Daily LITG.
- The Kubert School Virtual Open House, Joe Kubert School of Cartoon and Graphic Art, Inc, Dover, New Jersey, 1-3pm ET.
- Stay Away Comic Book Day at Collector's Paradise stores, Los Angeles, California 11-4pm.
- 24 Hour Comics Lockdown, Sputnikat from 2 PM UTC+03
- Free Comic Book Day Online with Stadium Comics, 10am-6pm ET
- Monomythic Panel: Comics in the Classroom, Monomythic.com, 2-3pm
- UX Comics – Scroll that story 6 PM – 8 PM UTC+02
- FCBD 2020 Livestream sponsored by 3 Alarm Comics and Pensacon, Biloxi, Mississippi 11am-6pm CDT
- Making Mini Comics with Laura Lee Gulledge,10-11am ET.
- Free Comic Book Day Lite at Cosmic Cat Comics, Tallahassee, Florid, noon-5pm ET.
- Comics X Brescia, Comics League of Brixia, Brescia 4.30pm UTC+2.
Comic Book Industry birthdays, today
There may not be much of a party atmosphere right now. Or if there is, the police will come and shut you down. But comic folk are still getting older and still celebrating that special date.
- Liam Sharp, artist on The Green Lantern, co-creator of Bloodseed.
- Scott Rosenberg of Platinum Studios.
- Onrie Kompan, creator of the Yi Soon Shin Trilogy, MARX, and #1500ComicBookBattle.
- Lorenzo Ruggiero, Marvel Comics inker.
- Sean Howe, comic book industry journalist, author of Marvel Comics: The Untold Story.
- Cory Levine, writer of Bowery Boys.
- Andy Winter, co-creator of Hero Killers, publisher of Moonface Comics.
- Ryan Brown of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
- Howard Cruse, founder of Gay Comix, creator of Stuck Rubber Baby.
- Glenn Herdling, former Editorial Director of Marvel's Custom Publishing, writer of Namor The Sub-Mariner, Wizard Entertainment's Director of Business Development and publisher of thir Black Bull comics line.
- Jerry Scott, co-creator of Baby Blues and Zits
Interested in more reminiscing about Free Comic Book Day, Baby Yoda or anything else? Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List. And we'll see you here tomorrow.