Animal Crossing's mobile spinoff, Pocket Camp, is getting a new update. Version 1.2.2 comes with a host of new additions to the game, including a new garden event with Lief and fishing tournaments. Fishing tourneys aren't new to Animal Crossing, as they appeared in Animal Crossing New Leaf for 3DS. Just like last time, the fishing tournaments will be hosted by Chip.
So if you love Animal Crossing and also fishing, you can now combine your two loves in Pocket Camp.
In related news, redditors Senor Deebs and Bluesun did some data mining on the game's update files and found some new information about other changes coming to the game, which includes a Super Mario Crossover Event that will likely be coming in mid-March.
You can check out their information below:
- Version Codes; 1.2.1 was PyAmZ, 1.2.2 is 347n1
- New Animals + Essence; Harmonious Essence + Animals added, Curt, Drago, Bill, Margie, Gladys https://imgur.com/a/3B84X
- (Stop believing outside fake sources guys. hint older supposed harmonious animals thread)
- Harmonious Amenities; New amenities https://imgur.com/a/C2WRb
- Harmonious Essence; New essence https://imgur.com/a/qVH1m
- New Furniture; https://imgur.com/a/uR24x
- New Clothing; Some of these may be possible additional clothing crafting https://imgur.com/a/UCMXb
- New Rugs; https://imgur.com/a/KrGKG
- Leif Garden Event; We're getting a ne spring garden event, with leif! https://imgur.com/a/3ztiR
- Super Mario Crossover Event; https://imgur.com/a/LKvPb
- Celeste Special NPC; Like Nook + KK, Celeste will be a new special npc to purchase! https://imgur.com/a/2S7NW