Bleeding Cool Game Awards 2017: Results
In case you missed them, we ran our own Game of the Year awards during the final hours of 2017, and to save you all the clicking, we've dropped the results right here for your reading convenience. Because we're sure most of you have been partying since early in the morning yesterday. After all, who wouldn't want the celebrate the end of a very depressing year? Gamers, because for us, 2017 was a pretty goddamn awesome year. We got a new Nintendo console after rumors that Nintendo was shifting away from the console market entirely, we got a ton of incredible indie and AAA titles, Call of Duty returned to WWII because no one doesn't love punching Nazis, and even Runescape got an impressive graphic and gameplay update. So we've pulled all the highlights and pulled out the best of the best for you with our GOTY awards. And yes, we put the most important one on top.
- Game of the Year – Horizon: Zero Dawn
- Best Shooter – PlayerUnkown's Battlegrounds
- Best RPG – The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Best Action/ Adventure Game – Horizon: Zero Dawn
- Best Strategy Game – Total War: Warhammer II
- Best Continued Service Game – Overwatch
- Best VR Game – Resident Evil VII: Biohazard
- Best MMO – Final Fantasy XIV
- Best Indie Game – What Remains of Edith Finch
- Best Story in a Video Game – The Evil Within 2
- Best Character in a Video Game – Vetra Nyx from Mass Effect: Andromeda
- Best Soundtrack in a Video Game – Persona 5
All three of our games writers (Madeline Ricchiuto, Gavin Sheehan, and Patrick Dane) chose the nominees and ranked them, with the top ranked choices getting the fancy title of "Bleeding Cool Game of the Year."