2018 Topps Gypsy Queen baseball cards recently hit stores, and with Shohei Ohtani Mania in full swing, the baseball product has been in high demand this year. I managed to get my hands on this popular set, so let's take a look at what is inside!
2018 Topps Gypsy Queen Hobby Box Breakdown
- Eight cards per pack, 24 packs per box
Our box went down as follows:
- Base: 176/300 cards (58% completion)
- 1 Short Print (Nolan Ryan)
- 4 Fortune Teller inserts (Manny Machado, Carlos Correa, Corey Seager, Noah Syndergaard)
- 2 Logo Swap (Daniel Murphy, Whit Merrifield)
- 1 Missing Team (Nick Castellanos)
- 1 Black and White parallel (Patrick Corbin #'d to 50)
- 4 Indigo parallels (Zack Cozart, Lance McCullers Jr., Rafael Devers, Aroldis Chapman Tarot #'d to 250)
- 4 Tarot Card inserts (Mike Trout, Rafael Devers, Aroldis Chapman, Yasiel Puig)
- 1 Glassworks Box Topper (Noah Syndergaard)
- 2 Autos (Lucas Giolito and Rhys Hoskins Indigo #'d to 250 redemption)
Overall I was quite happy with the box. The Hoskins is a nice auto hit, and the redemption was already live, so now I just have to wait on the mail. Good insert hits, I got the Short Print card I wanted most with the Ryan card. And of course I was thrilled to pull the Ohtani card. Gypsy Queen is one of my favorite sets every year, I love the old feel with the thicker card stock and the faded borders. They also always have really sharp images on the cards. Just all-around cool. The variations are fun as well. The missing team name is alright, I love the Logo Swap from the "GQ" to the woman's face. The only one I didn't get is the Bazooka Gum Back, I would like a few of those. Most importantly- no doubles! Not a single one.
I buy this product every year, and with some great rookies and of course Ohtani, collectors are gobbling this stuff up. You can get a box for yourself at your local hobby shop, or at a mark-up online from various places.