Nexon has released a major update for mobile MMORPG MapleStory M that kicks off with the introduction of two new explorer classes, the Buccaneer and Marksman. The update also includes the new Expedition Boss, Corrupted Empress Cygnus, plus updates to Link Skills and Secondary Weapons.
The Buccaneer Explorer allows players to engage in thrilling close combat with overpowering charged attacks. Meanwhile, the Marksman Explorer uses a crossbow for higher critical damage from close range and higher final damage with farther range.
These Explorers join a fray of characters ready to challenge the latest Expedition Boss: Corrupted Empress Cygnus. Upon defeat of Corrupted Empress Cygnus, players can obtain the Dream Stone, which can be used to craft the "Empress Equipment Set."
This update also brings link skills and secondary weapons to MapleStory M. Link skills grant players the ability to teach characters on the same server a special skill. With secondary weapons, players can equip two weapons for ferocious and diverse attack combinations.
Starting today, exciting in-game events will be available, including:
- New Explorers Burning Event: Until June 19, new Explorers between level 3 to 75 will be given a total of 3 bonus levels each time they level up
- New Explorers Growth Support Event: Until June 19, newly created Explorers who reach a certain level will obtain a special Growth Support Box
- New Explorers Celebration On-Time Event: Until May 30, players who login to the game will receive a special rewards that include Pet Package, Character Slot Coupon, uto-Battle Charge Tickets, Epic Mysterious Weapon/Armor Whetstones.
- Turnabout Event: Until June 6, players will be able to earn one-of-a-kind rewards by opening Turnabout Event Boxes.
- BBQ Event: From June 6 to June 19, players can acquire delicious BBQ recipes from hunting to create smoky sensational goodness after completing cooking mini games
You can also check out the Empress Cygnus Expedition trailer below.