Mesprit Raid Guide For Pokémon GO Players: Hidden Gems
The official Bleeding Cool Mesprit Raid Guide for Pokémon GO Players during the new Hidden Gems is here. Use this to defeat Mesprit.
The Season of Hidden Gems has launched in Pokémon GO. It begins with the Lake Trio in Tier Five raids in their respective regions, but Trainers will be able to use Remote Raid passes to access Azelf, Mesprit, and Uxie out of region. Today's raid guide for Pokémon GO players will help you assemble a team to take down Mesprit and help you hunt for your Shiny. Let's get into it.
Top Mesprit Counters
Pokebattler, which calculates all possible combinations of Pokémon and moves, lists the top ten Mesprit counters as such:
- Shadow Tyranitar: Bite, Brutal Swing
- Mega Banette: Shadow Claw, Shadow Ball
- Mega Gengar: Lick, Shadow Ball
- Mega Houndoom: Snarl, Foul Play
- Shadow Weavile: Snarl, Foul Play
- Mega Absol: Snarl, Dark Pulse
- Shadow Mewtwo: Psycho Cut, Shadow Ball
- Tyranitar: Bite, Brutal Swing
- Hydreigon: Bite, Brutal Swing
- Mega Gyarados: Bite, Crunch
It is recommended to power up your counters as much as possible, but creating that amount of strong Shadow Pokémon with their moves unlocked is a tall order for even the most practiced players. Here are ten additional non-Shadow and non-Mega counters that can help take down Mesprit with efficiency.
- Darkrai: Snarl, Shadow Ball
- Gholdengo: Hex, Shadow Ball
- Chandelure: Hex, Shadow Ball
- Origin Forme Giratina: Shadow Claw, Shadow Force
- Hoopa Confined: Astonish, Shadow Ball
- Hoopa Unbound: Astonish, Shadow Ball
- Weavile: Snarl, Foul Play
- Pheromosa: Bug Bite, Bug Buzz
- Yveltal: Snarl, Dark Pulse
- Zoroark: Snarl, Foul Play
How Many Trainers Are Needed?
Mesprit can be defeated with three trainers, but if you cannot guarantee the top counters with maxed-out CP and the best moves, your best bet is to make sure you have four or more players.
Using the Circle Lock Technique to guarantee Great or Excellent throws, along with Golden Razz Berries, is the best way to catch Pokémon. If you get a Shiny, though, it is a guaranteed catch so be sure to use a Pinap Berry.
Shiny Odds & 100% IVs
The Shiny rate for Legendary Pokémon is approximately one in 20.
When looking for a Pokémon with the best stats, the 100% IV Mesprit will have a CP of 1747 in normal weather conditions and 2184 in boosted conditions.