Riot Games has released League of Legends' latest champion Qiyana, Empress of the Elements, on the Summoner's Rift today as part of patch update 9.13. Her backstory starts in the city of Ixaocan, the capital of a new region of Runeterra called Ixtal. She was the last in line to succeed her parents on the high seat of the Yun Tal, but that didn't stop her from plotting her ruthless path to the throne with brash confidence and unprecedented mastery over elemental magic. So naturally, she's now creating elemental chaos in the Summoner's Rift.
Qiyana is also League of Legends' first solo AD assassin in seven years, as Zed was the last solo AD assassin. She's also been designed for high mechanical skill players, so there will be a pretty steep learning curve when you pick her up.
Riot Games also provided an overview of her abilities, which include:
- Passive – Royal Privilege
- Qiyana's first attack or basic ability that damages an enemy deals bonus physical damage. Royal Privilege has a per-target cooldown that resets when Qiyana casts Terrashape to gain a different weapon enchantment than the one she currently has
- Q – Edge of Ixtal / Elemental Wrath
- Qiyana swings her weapon, damaging enemies hit (reduced damage to targets beyond the first). Whenever Qiyana enchants her weapon with Terrashape, this ability upgrades to Elemental Wrath and resets its cooldown.
- Elemental Wrath: Qiyana overcharges her enchantment to blast it in a target direction, detonating on the first enemy hit or at max range. The detonation damages enemies and adds additional elemental effects
- River Enchantment: Briefly roots enemies hit, then slows them
- Wall Enchantment: Deals bonus damage to low-health enemies
- Brush Enchantment: Leaves a canopy trail that stealths Qiyana and grants movement speed. Canopy fades early if Qiyana attacks an enemy or leaves its area.
- W – Terrashape
- Qiyana can target River, Wall, or Brush to dash toward it and enchant her weapon with it.
- W – Terrashape
- While Qiyana's weapon is enchanted, she gains attack speed, her attacks and basic abilities deal bonus damage, and she gains out-of-combat movement speed while near the corresponding terrain type.
- E – Audacity
- Qiyana dashes a fixed distance at target enemy, dealing physical damage to them.
- R – Supreme Display of Talent
- Qiyana creates a shockwave that knocks back enemies and stops when it hits a wall. Any River, Wall, and Brush hit by the shockwave explode to deal physical damage to enemies and stun them (distant enemies are stunned less).