The Eden raid series has expanded today with Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers' Patch 5.05 which introduces the Savage difficulty iterations of the raids as well as a new set of treasure map instances, battle system changes, crafting recipes, and items.
Patch 5.05 includes the following new content and updates:
- High-Level Raid: Eden's Gate (Savage) – Players seeking a greater challenge can take on this series of high-difficulty boss encounters.
- Treasure Hunt Dungeon: "Dungeons of Lyhe Ghiah" – Up to eight players can join together and explore this new instanced dungeon for the chance to obtain rare and unique rewards.
- New Tomestone: Phantasmagoria – This new currency obtained by completing specific content can be used to purchase all-new gear for Disciples of War and Magic.
- New Crafting Recipes – Includes updates to Free Company Crafting and Subaquatic Voyages content.
- Battle Action Adjustments – A number of balance adjustments have been made for various jobs.
- New Housing Furnishings, Items, Mounts, Minions and more.
The base difficulty Eden raids are tricky, yes, but they're relatively fun scripted fights. The Savage difficulties will be far less predictable with a few major mechanics changes.
For players looking to raid this week, the minimum item level and party composition requirements for the four new Savage raids are:
|Level Requirement||Disciple of War or Magic level 80 (Two or more of the same job is not permitted)|
|Item Level Requirement||Eden's Gate: Resurrection (Savage): Average Item Level 440|
Eden's Gate: Descent (Savage): Average Item Level 445
Eden's Gate: Inundation (Savage): Average Item Level 450
Eden's Gate: Sepulture (Savage): Average Item Level 450
|Party Size||Eight players|
|Time Limit||Eden's Gate: Resurrection (Savage): 90 Minutes|
Eden's Gate: Descent (Savage): 90 Minutes
Eden's Gate: Inundation (Savage): 90 Minut
The battle system changes this time around are mostly focused on melee DPS, though Summoner, Scholar, and Astrologian saw a few changes as well. All four tanks and White Mage remain the same as the 5.0 update.
You can check out the full patch notes here.