Blizzard has officially launched Warcraft III: Reforged this week, making all the Battle.net servers live and ready for players to join. Now you have a chance to revist over 60 missions worth of battles and strategies while witnessing key moments in Azeroth's history. Including the Burning Legion's invasion to the ascension of the Lich King, learning the origins of Thrall, Jaina Proudmoore, Sylvanas Windrunner, and Illidan Stormrage. All complete with updated graphics, sounds, and mechanics to give you a much more up-to-date feeling. We got a quote and some of the updated features from Blizzard themselves for you here.
"Warcraft III is one of our proudest achievements as a company, and we're honored that so many players around the world still hold it up as a paragon of the RTS genre," said J. Allen Brack, president of Blizzard Entertainment. "With Warcraft III: Reforged, our biggest goal was to modernize the game while retaining everything that players have loved about it, and we hope everyone agrees that we've done it justice."
Warcraft III: Reforged Features
- Complete Graphical Overhaul: Warcraft III: Reforged brings the original game into the modern era with fully overhauled characters, structures, environments, animations, and graphical effects.
- Multiplayer Between Versions: Players will be able to do battle with anyone who plays Warcraft III, regardless of whether they're playing the original or Reforged.
- Higher-Fidelity Audio: Warcraft III's audio has been remastered and improved for Reforged, including the game's original voice-over recordings.
- Rebuilt World Editor: Reforged features an all-new World Editor designed to empower the game's longstanding creator community to reach new heights, with hundreds of new triggers, LUA scripting support, new tools for importing models, and more enhancements planned for the future.
- Full Battle.net Implementation: Players will enjoy the full suite of Battle.net features to bolster their Warcraft III experience, including text and voice chat, groups, and seamless installation and patching.