Posted in: Movies | Tagged: disney, hela, jack kirby, kevin feige, Korg, loki, marvel, mcu, taika waititi, thor, Thor: Ragnarok, Thor: Ragnarok blu-ray release, Thor: Ragnarok extras, valkyrie, walt simonson
'Thor: Ragnarok' Blu-ray Release Special Features, Hella Hela, and More
Thor: Ragnarok was one of the most delightfully enjoyable entries in the MCU (my personal opinion), and at long last it's coming to physical media (you know, Ultra 4K, Blu-ray and DVD).
Perhaps the most anticipated part of the release happens to be Taika Waititi's director's commentary – the pineapple romper-wearing Kiwi has already offered a few glimpses into BTS hilarity. There is also some pretty great concept art that eagle eyed fans will no doubt recognize from the various SDDC panels, and some featurettes featuring both Hela (Cate Blanchett) and Valkyrie (Tessa Thompson).
The Ultimate Cinematic Universe Edition (4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + Digital) will contain a slew of bonus features including deleted scenes, a gag reel filled with outtakes, an exclusive short, and much much more.
Bonus features (which may differ a bit depending on retailer) on the Blu-ray:
- Director's Introduction
- Deleted/Extended Scenes – Deleted Scenes: The Sorcerer Supreme, Skurge Finds Heimdall & Hulk Chases Thor Through Sakaar and Extended Scenes: Thor Meets the Grandmaster, Stupid Avenger vs. Tiny Avenger & Grandmaster and Topaz
- Gag Reel – Watch a collection of goofs, gaffes and pratfalls starring the cast
- Exclusive Short/Team Darryl – Fresh off being unseated as the ruler of Sakaar, the Grandmaster makes his way to Earth to start a new life. It's been over a year since Thor left Australia and Darryl has been struggling to pay his rent. Now Darryl needs a new roommate to help make the monthly payments. Unfortunately for Darryl, the Grandmaster was the only one who answered Darryl's "Roommate Needed" ad and with no viable options, the Grandmaster moves in.
- Marvel Studios: The First Ten Years – The Evolution of Heroes – Marvel's universe is vast and transcends both time and space. We'll examine the Cinematic Universe as a whole and revisit each of our heroes' current location and their place in the current MCU timeline, as it all leads up to the one culminating event: Avengers: Infinity War.
- Getting in Touch with Your Inner Thor –"Thor: Ragnarok director Taika Waititi has brought his unique sensibility and sense of humor to the film in a great many ways but it is the evolution of Thor's own sense of humor, which stands out the most in the new film. This piece explores the impact Chris Hemsworth has made on the development of his widely-loved character and celebrates the mighty cast and crew who reveal the fun and hard work that went into assembling Thor's eccentric counterparts.
- Unstoppable Women: Hela & Valkyrie – This piece explores the strong female characters in Thor: Ragnarok, their importance in the MCU, their incredible casting and their epic comic origins.
- Finding Korg – A tongue-in-cheek interview with Taika on casting Korg. He describes the difficult search for just the right evolution of the character design, and the nuances of this instantly classic character in the MCU. This conversation will also delve into all the extraordinary visual effects that brought Korg, Sakaar and the worlds of Thor: Ragnarok to life.
- Sakaar: On the Edge of the Known and Unknown – Sakaar is the collection point for all lost and unloved things. This documentary will answer all known and unknown questions while also exploring the hard work and creativity that went into creating the look and feel of Sakaar. From design inspired by Jack Kirby's classic artwork to the dedication of the visual development team to the awe-inspiring physical and digital production, you will see this distant world come alive.
- Journey into Mystery – A deep dive story piece with the writers, director and producer Kevin Feige about the inspirations for Thor: Ragnarok within the comics. Most notably, the contest of champions limited series where the Grandmaster pitted our favorite heroes against one another as he does in the film. This piece also further explores Thor's comic book origins and classic arcs through interviews with some of the most important comic creators, such as Walt Simonson and Jack Kirby.
- 8bit Scenes – Final Bridge Battle + Sakaar Spaceship Battle. Dive into these climactic sequences presented in retro video-game format.
- Directors Commentary
- Evolution of Thor and Hulk's Bromance – We'll examine this Super Hero friendship, which has spanned through several Marvel films. From their original Helicarrier fight match to the now iconic Hulk punch from Avengers 1, see how Marvel's most powerful Super Heroes become the most extraordinary Super Hero buddies.
- Additional Deleted Scenes – Travel to Asgard & Race To The Wormhole
Thor: Ragnarok is available digitally in HD and 4K Ultra HD right now. The 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, DVD and On-Demand releases on March 6th 2018.