Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure in Anaheim, California, has some seriously delicious park food. Whenever I visit the historic park, I seem to spend most of my money on food and snacks! One of the great things about Disneyland and California Adventure is their ability to make ordinary food fun and magical.
Since Disneyland and California Adventure haven't been given a tentative open date yet, the Disney Parks Blog has been graciously sharing their park recipes. We've seen milkshakes, totchos, and the infamous Grey Stuff. Today, Disney chefs have shared with us the PB and J rolls — a PB and J sandwich made to resemble sushi, from the Lamplight Lounge at Pixar Pier. Allergic to peanut butter? Substitute any butter you like, or just make it with jelly!
PEANUT BUTTER ROLLS
- 8 slices wheat bread
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
- 3/4 cup strawberry or grape jelly
For peanut butter rolls:
- Cut crusts off bread. Flatten bread with rolling pin until bread can bind after being rolled.
- Spread 1 1/2 tablespoons of peanut butter evenly on each slice of flattened bread, leaving small boarder on all sides – the peanut butter will spread as you roll.
- Starting with long side of bread, gently roll up each bread slice into spiral. Cut each roll into 4 even pieces.
- Place 8 pieces of rollups onto each plate, seam-side down.
For jelly drizzle:
- Place plastic quart-size freezer bag into small cup, folding back first few inches of bag over top of cup. Spoon jelly into bag, gently shaking bag to move jelly to bottom of bag. (Note: If jelly is too thick to drizzle, add small amount of warm water to jelly in small bowl and mix to desired consistency before adding to bag).
- Once filled, lift bag from cup and squeeze out excess air from bag and seal bag with a few twists to top of bag. Cut bottom corner of bag with scissors.
- Holding right below the twisted top of bag with one hand and guiding with free hand, gently squeeze to drizzle jelly over each peanut butter roll with zigzag motion.
Cook's Note: A squeezable bottle of jelly is an easy option. Simply squeeze, in zigzag motion, desired amount of jelly over each peanut butter roll.
Have you tried this recipe yet? Let us know in the comments below!