The world can seem like a terrible and strange place sometimes, but at Bleeding Cool you can still read all about comics, merch, TV shows, games, movies and more. And yesterday, for the first time, a writer's commentary topped the chart, courtesy of Christopher Priest talking about Vampirella. The Daily Lying In The Gutters, remains a long-running run around the day before and the day ahead. You can sign up to receive it as an e-mail here.
Vampirella, Dark Ages, Supernatural, and the ten most-read stories on Bleeding Cool yesterday.
As well as Vampirella and Marvel's new Dark Ages, there was plenty of Supernatural mischief, there was plenty of pre-San Diego merchandise news even though there is no San Diego.
- Christopher Priest's Writers Commentary, Justifying Vampirella #10
- Marvel's Dark Ages Is a High-Concept Non-Canon Thriller Like DCeased
- Supernatural: Richard Speight, Jr. Engages in Jared Padalecki Mischief
- WWE Raw Scores Lowest Ever Viewership, a Number That Doesn't Matter
- Giant-Size X-Men: Magneto #1 is 50 Cents of Comic in a $5 Bag [XH]
- 15 New Images from Wonder Woman 1984 from Recently Released Books
- X-Men Free Comic Book Day Suggests Sunset Of X to Follow Dawn Of X
- Rorschach: Tom King and Jorge Fornés Create New Watchmen Comic
- Transforming The Batman Who Laughs in Death Metal #2 (Spoilers)
- Putting Politics Back Into Superhero Comics Before Justice League #50
What were people reading, one year ago.
It was coming up to San Diego Comic-Con and everything was ablaze…
- CBR, and a Little Weekend Cosplay Shaming
- IDW Pulls Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #95 From SDCC to Avoid Stampedes as eBay Sales go Mental
- "American Horror Story: 1984" – Cast's Totally Radical Reaction [VIDEO]
- Five McDonalds Menu Items The Comics Media Doesn't Want You to Know About
- Ed Boon Shows Off Nightwolf Properly In First "Mortal Kombat 11" Reveal
- Speculator Corner: There's Something About Captain Marvel #8…
What's happening today.
- Comics Workshop For Beginners, American Space and Makerspace Dushanbe Tajikistan, 5-6pm UTC+05
- Virtual Personal Appearance with Alton Simpson, Symbiotic Comics, 4 – 4:30 pm EDT
- Comic book making, Worcester Public Library and Main IDEA Youth & Arts, 3-4pm EDT
- Comics and Cones. We will be selling snowcones at Winchester Road Farmers Market, Huntsville, AL, 3,30pm.
Comic Book birthdays today.
There may not be much of a party atmosphere right now. All depends on which state you are living in. But comic folk are still getting older and still celebrating that special date. With eleven years for us as well.
- Chad Woody, underground comix creator.
- Bryan Sharp, Counterpoint Comics editor
- Michael Dorman, artist on Santa Claus Private Eye.
- Eddy Newell, artist on Black Lightning, Green Hornet.
- Diego Escalada, creator of the Expanded Comics app.
- Francisco Javier Rodriguez, comic book colourist.
Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List.
Interested in more discussion about Christopher Priest, Vampirella, Dark Ages, or what this all means? Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List. And we'll see you here tomorrow.