The world can seem like a terrible and strange place sometimes, but at Bleeding Cool you can still read all about comics, merch, TV shows, games, movies and more. And yesterday that meant Dave Bautista, DC Comics and Diamond, Steve Bell and the quality or otherwise of The Dark Knight. Today is also the launch of San Diego Comic-Con@Home – why not join me in enjoying it. The Daily Lying In The Gutters, remains a long-running run around the day before and the day ahead. You can sign up to receive it as an e-mail here.
From Dave Bautista – the ten most-read stories on Bleeding Cool yesterday.
I just can't believe it that the leading Dave Bautista article from yesterday didn't mention Guardians Of The Galaxy once or try and frame it as a Drax vs Rorschach contest. I mean, how else am I meant to know what's going on?
- WWE Star Dave Bautista Calls Senator Ted Cruz an Ass-Sucking Nazi
- DC's New Distributors Better Than Diamond? Comic Store In Your Future
- The Next Pokémon GO Community Day… Leaked?
- Marvel Legends SDCC 2020 Exclusives Revealed by Hasbro
- Unpopular Opinion: The Dark Knight Is Not Very Good Anymore
- Hasbro Gives an Update on the Marvel Legends Sentinel HasLabs Figure
- Today's Oddish Spotlight Hour Celebrates Pokémon GO's Summer Event
- Hasbro Announces New X-Men Marvel Legends Bundle Packs
- Guardian Newspaper Drops Cartoonist Steve Bell After 40 Years
- Shiny New Batsuit Debuts in Batman #95 – But Who Made It? (Spoilers)
One year ago… it was San Diego Comic-Con.
- All the Uncanny X-Men Deaths Jonathan Hickman Has Already Undone
- PewDiePie & Jack Black Team Up For "Minecraft" Mental Health Charity
- Jane Foster as Thor #1 Just Sold for $55 on eBay
- Jonathan Hickman Says Only Dream Projects After X-Men Are At DC Comics
- Marvel Studios' San Diego Comic Con Hall H Presentation Blows Up Comics on eBay
- James Gunn Explains Why "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3" Was Absent from the Marvel Hall H Panel
- [#SDCC] Marvel Studios Shows Off "Black Widow" Footage
- Marvel's October and November 2019 Solicits For Jonathan Hickman's #DawnOfX
- Superman to Become President of the Earth?
- New Mutants by Jonathan Hickman, Ed Brisson, Rod Reis Brings Back Recently Dead X-Men
What's happening today.
It does look like the comic book conventions are coming back, in small ways, but also an online version of the big one.
- New Comic Book Day
- San Diego Comic-Con@Home
- Comic Book Drawing with Graphic Novelist Cathy Johnson, Little Falls Public Library, 6.30pm EDT
- Matt Ryan of Free Lunch Studios – Teen Comic Construction, 5-6pm EDT
- Comic Con At Home Art Show – 9am PDT
Comic Book birthdays today.
There may not be much of a party atmosphere right now. All depends on which state you are living in. But comics folk are still getting older and still celebrating that special date. With eleven years for us as well.
- Mike Rockwitz, comic book colourist.
- Paula Sohn of Megaton Man Meets The Uncategorizable X-Thems
- Michael Fitzgerald or Desert City Comics, Tacoma.
- Heidi Meeley of Comics Fair Play
- Guillermo Ortego, comic book inker.
- Danilo Deninotti, writer, Topolino and Kurt Cobain: When I Was An Alien
Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List.
Interested in more discussion about WWE, Dave Bautista, DC Comics, Diamond, Steve Bell, Dark Knight, Pokemon Go, Dynamite exploding or what this all means? Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List. And we'll see you here tomorrow.