These are strange times, but The Daily LITG is becoming a valuable way to quantify just what comic book geek culture is up to in this time of trial. Which, for some reason right now, involved a Yellow Hulk. Welcome all, to the daily Lying In The Gutters, a long-running run around the day before and the day ahead. You can sign up to receive it as an e-mail here.
Yellow Hulk and the ten most-read stories yesterday
Bleeding Cool continues to report from the comics industry shutdown, as it starts to ramp up, but yesterday it was all about the speculate and collector sales of a certain IDW Avengers comic book featuring the first appearance of the Yellow Hulk. Or the second. Keep up with your Daily LITG.
- Hasbro Announces Star Wars: Rebels Black Series Re-Release
- Yellow Hulk Pushes IDW Avengers #10 to $46 on eBay But What About #9?
- Peter Parker Gets a Major Life Change in Amazing Spider-Man #43
- Fargo Season 4 Teaser Apologizes for Series' Awkward, Temporary Pause
- Comics Industry Reaction to… Christian Cooper in Central Park
- How The Justice League Really Despise Each Other (Spoilers)
- Marvel Comics' Christian Cooper In Central Park Racial Confrontation
- Street Fighter Swimsuit Special From Udon Entertainment For August
- DC Comics and All WarnerMedia Employees Working From Home Till 2021
- Whatever Happened to John Ridley's Other History Of The DC Universe?
The most-read stories from a year ago.
A year ago, our favourite to follow Tom King on Batman was Tom Taylor and our second was James Tynion IV. Didn't work out too bad. Anyone put some money on it?
- 'Supernatural': Will Sam and Dean Get Their "Butch/Sundance" Ending?
- Bleeding Cool's Runners And Riders on Who Follows Tom King With Batman #86
- Mark Waid and Javier Rodriguez's History of the Marvel Universe to Get a Treasury Edition
- Someone Stole 14 Comics Worth $42,000 From Mile High in Denver
- Why Tomorrow's X-Men Grand Design: X-Tinction by Ed Piskor is Impossible to Review
- Tomorrow is Game Of Thrones For DC Comics – Last Knight, Doomsday Clock, Heroes In Crisis, Leviathan
- How Dark Knight Returns Changes Superman Year One (Spoilers)
- The Biggest Change Frank Miller is Making to Superman in Year One (Spoilers)
- How Scott Snyder Has Been Preparing For Batman: Last Knight On Earth… For Some Time (Spoilers)
- Does Godzilla: King Of The Monsters Have Mid or Post Credit Scenes? Suitable For Kids? [SPOILER FREE]
Comic Book Events happening today
There would also have been signings, appearances, symposia, all manner of comic book-related events. But a few have gone online, and here are some still happening today, on the Daily LITG. And we are returning to events in the flesh as well.
- Teens: How to Draw Comics & Manga, Chemung County Library District, Elmira, New York 3-4pm EST
- LIVE Cartoon and comic art club with Marc makes comics, 2-30pm BST
- Teen Trivia – DC Comics! Live on Zoom, Hoboken Public Library, New Jersey, 3.30-4.30pm
Comic Book birthdays today
There may not be much of a party atmosphere right now. All depends on which state you are living in. But comic folk are still getting older and still celebrating that special date.
- Larry Marder, creator of Beanworld
- Jim Salicrup, Marvel editor, Topps EIC, Papercutz EIC
- David Steinberger, CEO of ComiXology
Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List
Interested in more debate over Christian Cooper or anything else? Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List. And we'll see you here tomorrow.