Ubisoft has released the first episode of "D.C. Outskirts" to Tom Clancy's The Division 2, as we tread through some not-so-safe areas in "Expeditions". We have all the information about what's been added with this episode below, along with the new weapons and apparel. Plus, Ubisoft was kind enough to send us some videos to show you with the new episode, which you can watch down at the bottom along with the trailer. Basically, there's a TON of new content with this episode and it's going to keep you buys for days.
Content featured in Episode 1 – D.C. Outskirts: Expeditions includes:
- Two New Main Missions
- Camp White Oak: Division Agents stage a well-planned attack into the presidential compound, as they seek to bring the now-traitor President Andrew Ellis to justice.
- Manning National Zoo: Emeline Shaw, leader of the Outcasts, fled after her defeat in D.C. and is now held up at the Manning National Zoo regaining strength. Agents are on the hunt to eliminate Shaw and stop the Outcasts before they make their next move.
- New Experience: Expeditions
- In this new experience, players enter Kenly College, where contact has been lost with a military convoy full of vital supplies. When they receive what appears to be a final broadcast, they form an expedition to find any surviving members in need of rescue. Expeditions will be split in three different wings for players to complete. Each wing will have a specific theme and tone, to be released on a week-by-week basis. Completing all three wings grants access to an exclusive treasure room full of rewards.
- New Weapons and Gear: Players can obtain:
- One exotic weapon: Diamondback Rifle
- One exotic gear: BTSU Datagloves
- Two weapons: Stoner LMG and Carbine 7
- Classified Assignments: Agents can take on two new classified assignments in Washington's Central Aquarium and NSA Site B13 (Exclusive only to Year 1 Pass holders).
Alongside content, Episode 1 also brings game updates based on player feedback:
- New Discovery Difficulty setting for the "" Raid
- The new Discovery Difficulty, along with its corresponding matchmaking option, allows more players to experience The Division 2 in its entirety. While Operation Dark Hours Exotic loot remains exclusive to the Normal Difficulty, Agents playing the Discovery Difficulty can expect a variety of great rewards, while training for the Normal Difficulty.
- Crafting Improvements
- Players can craft their gear up until Gear Score 500 and share blueprints across characters (available after reaching World Tier 1). Additionally, crafted weapons can now be recalibrated.
- Weapons balancing and skills buff
- As part of the ongoing updates to answer community feedback, awaited balance and buffs have been added in the latest title update (Title Update 5). This update includes an overhaul of Skills, as each Skill power will be fine-tuned, adding more to agents' builds.