As part of the upcoming patch to Guerrilla Games' Horizon: Zero Dawn, players will now be able to select from a series of preset poses for Alloy in the game's photo mode. Some of these include Aloy forming her hands into the shape of a heart and laying on her back. Several new facial expressions are being added as well, as are three new filters, including a "Greetings From" postcard filter.
On the one hand, I get it. Alloy is awesome and Horizon: Zero Dawn is a gorgeous game. Of course people were going to enjoy the photo mode. And of course people want to put cute photos of Alloy on their social media.
On the other hand, though, was this really something we needed?
Other changes in the patch include:
- Added the option to hide Aloy inside settlements while in photo mode.
- Added a sell stack option at merchants when double tapping the square icon.
- Added filters and a legend to the in game map and the quest map.
Added several new custom HUD options.
- Added an additional blue health bar on top of the player's health bar whenever the Shield Weaver Armor is equipped to indicate the amount of extra health points the armor is providing.
- Added difficulty setting components to the Shield Weaver Armor's damage protection. On hard mode the armor received a 40% armor reduction, on very hard the armor received a 66.6% reduction.
- Added the option to hide headgear for Aloy.
- Added the option to categorize and sort your inventory.
- Added categories in the crafting menu
– Green check mark for categories that are finished
– White icon for categories that have recipes that can be crafted
– Grey icon for categories that have no recipes that can be crafted
- Added the feature in the Sell menu at merchants, you can now press triangle to mark one or more items to sell items quicker.
- Added gameplay time to the statistics menu.
- Changed the timing of some tutorials that were repeatedly displayed, they are now less frequent.
- Added the option to control the x and y axis sensitivity of the camera.
- Added Spanish language support for North American copies of the game. Spanish subtitles can now be enabled, and Spanish audio is also now supported via a Spanish VO pack that can be downloaded from the North American PlayStation Store (in the week of 8th May).
- Fixed an issue in "The Point of the Spear" where some players could safely drop into areas of the map during the Brave trials before speaking with Rost.
- Fixed an issue in "A Seeker at the Gates" where the certain users could trigger a save point in Mother's Watch after becoming stuck behind the gate.
- Fixed an issue in "The Womb of the Mountain" where completing a weapon tutorial during the corruptor fight and reloading would block further progression for some users.
- Fixed an Issue in "The Field of the Fallen" where some players found Erend to get stuck in the floor after killing two ravagers at the ambush site.
- Fixed an issue in "The Sun Shall Fall" where some players could avoid the trigger before entering the Throne Room. Resulting in the ear bleeder not spawning until the player reloads to an earlier save.
- Fixed an issue in "The Sun Shall Fall" where certain players got stuck on the objective 'Investigate the Area' or 'Go to the Solarium' if the player avoids certain triggers.
- Fixed an issue in "Deep Secrets of the Earth" where some players were unable to progress the quest after the former patch.
- Fixed an issue in "A Daughter's Vengeance" where a large plant filled area lacked collision resulting in some playersgetting stuck in the environment.
- Fixed an issue in "Collateral" where some players had machines intrude the conversation with
- Fixed an issue in Cauldron Xi, where some players were not able to progress due to missing a progression marker.
You can read the entire list of patch notes here.