Playmobil's new The Explorers line could not be coming at a better time. With Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hitting theaters this month, dinosaurs are all the rage. Kids playsets and Playmobil go together like chocolate and peanut butter. So having a line of adventure playsets from them seems like it should have been a thing for years and years. They were kind enough to send over their new Hidden Temple set to show you all, so let's take a look!
- Join the explorers as they embark on a new adventure on Dino island with the hidden Temple with T-Rex
- Once you discover the Temple, use the ancient structure as your research base before heading out to explore the island with the help of the secret map
- Simply rub the map to reveal a hidden path where x marks the spot! when back at the base, protect the team from the unfriendly T-Rex or enemy explorers with the functioning laser gun
- Beware of that T-Rex! his movable arms, legs, and jaw allow for realistic motion and make him one intimidating Dino! use the functioning pulley to bring needed equipment up to the top floor
- Kids can also use the included UV flashlight (1 x AAA battery required) to reveal cool glow-in-the dark features, such as with the ruins crystal eyes, jungle plant, and more!
One of the nicest parts of Playmobil is that they are never that difficult to assemble. This is not a small set, with tons of pieces and parts to put together. This whole set only took about a half hour to put together so my little one could enjoy it. This Hidden Temple set includes many, many playability options, from the laser cannon that lights up on the top level of the temple to the pulley elevator. It also comes with a UV flashlight to light up the red crystal eyes and neat-looking plant.
The Temple features three levels, all with cool play features. The aforementioned elevator and cannon are there, and the top two levels are platforms for our Explorers to pose on. Accessories galore are included, from weapons to binoculars to computers and maps. Little plants and reptiles to decorate the Temple are plentiful, and the cool ladder on the open-faced side is getting a lot of play in this house. The main event for myself is the T-Rex — just a really hefty and impressive dinosaur toy. Nicely articulated and great colors as well.
There is just so much playability and coolness with this playset. Playmobil really knocked this out of the park. The price for what you get here cannot be beat either, as this is the biggest Explorers set and it only costs $60. Pick this and the other sets up; they are great playsets for the whole family to enjoy building and playing with together. You can order them for yourself right here.