The world seems like a terrible and strange place sometimes, but at Bleeding Cool you can still read all about comics, television shows and movies. We have also been covering multiple accusations by many people in and around comic books of sexual harassment, grooming and worse. Bleeding Cool EIC Kaitlyn Booth has held the firm line that we don't repeat accusations on Bleeding Cool without the agreement of those making the claims. Sometimes that means we run stories that others do not, sometimes we don't run stories that others do, sometimes we run stories later. The Daily Lying In The Gutters, remains a long-running run around the day before and the day ahead. Yesterday, dominated by Alan Scott, Supernatural and potentially undervalued hot comics. You can sign up to receive it as an e-mail here.
Alan Scott, Supernatural, Hot Comics and the ten most-read stories yesterday
Looks like it was a bit of a telly-watching weekend with Supernatural and Animal Kingdom, dominating the charts. – that's if you're not playing with Star Wars toys. And that's long before anyone has to worry about John Constantine.
- Alan Scott, Green Lantern, as a Gay Man in the 1940s
- Supernatural, Animal Kingdom and Lucifer, Daily LITG, 23rd June 2020
- 25 Modern Comics That May Jump In Price – Comic Store In Your Future
- Henry Cavill Says He Never Wants To Stop Playing Superman
- New Star Wars Empire Strikes Black Series Figures Announced by Hasbro
- Did She-Hulk Die In Civil War II After All? Immortal Hulk #34 Spoilers
- Mairghread Scott On Not Attending Bat-Summits When Writing Batgirl
- Empyre #0: Avengers Review: A Solid Beginning [SPOILERS]
- Marcella Season 3 Review: Netflix Series Finally Delivers Killer Noir
- What Is The Big First Appearance in Power Rangers: Ranger Slayer #1?
Comic Book Events happening today
There would also have been signings, appearances, symposia, all manner of comic book-related events. But a few have gone online, and here are some still happening today, on the Daily LITG.
- Queer Comics Workshop, The Center for Cartoon Studies,
- NY COMIC CON / REEDPOP'S POP PRIDE WEEK
- A Cartoon & Comic Book Virtual Tour Of London, 8-9pm BST.
- Barbican Comic Forum / What makes a comic political? London Graphic Novel Network, 5.30-7.30pm
- Powers Comics Graphic Novel Drive for Brewster's Place, Wisconsin
Comic Book birthdays today
There may not be much of a party atmosphere right now. All depends on which state you are living in. But comic folk are still getting older and still celebrating that special date. With eleven years for us as well.
- Jerry Bingham, artist on Batman: Son of the Demon.
Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List
Interested in more discussion about Alan Scott, Supernatural and what this all means? Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List. And we'll see you here tomorrow.