Indie game creators Graffiti Games and Robi Studios have collaborated on Blue Fire, a new action-adventure game. The game has been announced for release on Playstation 4 and Xbox One consoles, as well as PC (via Steam), with a tentative launch of the first quarter of 2021.
Originally announced to release for the Nintendo Switch, Blue Fire will be launching instead for the Switch before the other aforementioned consoles. The indie game was initially meant to release this summer, but due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the entire gaming industry has been affected and forced to adapt.
According to the announcement from Graffiti Games and Robi Studios, the premise for Blue Fire is as follows:
In Blue Fire players embark on an extraordinary journey through the desolate kingdom of Penumbra to discover the hidden secrets of this long-forgotten land. Explore mystical temples, confront 3D platforming challenges, encounter survivors and take on strange quests to collect valuable items. Along the adventure, players will slash their way through daunting adversaries, roam across mysterious and abandoned regions, leap through deadly traps and ultimately master the art of movement.
You can watch the gameplay trailer for Blue Fire here by clicking on the YouTube video link provided below:
Some key features of this indie game include:
- A Haunting World – Travel through the perished world of Penumbra as Umbra to explore unique areas filled with diverse enemies, sharp 3D platforming challenges, quests, collectibles and more.
- Slash Through Great Adversaries – Encounter dangerous enemies with distinct fighting styles and partake in intense combat-platforming boss fights.
- Meet Peculiar Survivors – A long time has passed since Penumbra fell into darkness, but those that survived the kingdom's fall will assist in unlocking valuable rewards.
- Collectibles – Once a rich and lush kingdom, Penumbra is filled with many collectibles and items to discover, loot, collect, sell, trade and purchase.
- Upgrades – No great warrior can battle the dangers lurking in Penumbra without the proper equipment. Upgrade swords, collect valuable amulets and unlock new abilities to transform into a fierce fighter.
- Lost in the Void – Far from Penumbra, there is a lost land called The Void. Find Void entrances throughout the world to uncover abstract platforming challenges that require great mastery to gather the valuable rewards hidden inside.
What do you think of Graffiti Games and Robi Studios extending their list of consoles that Blue Fire will come out for? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!